This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are some Steam games where it's easy to get 100% of achievements?

#1Lord LoofilooPosted 3/6/2014 12:41:03 AM(edited)
I usually don't go through with 100%ing my games unless it's a game I really really love, or just one that's really easy.

Like, I played Gunpoint pretty recently. Very short game, and pretty easy to 100% as well. It only took me a total of 5 hours to complete every task the game had to offer, and this even included starting over from scratch one time after beating the game.

I also have Lego Lord of the Rings, which was fairly time-consuming to 100% (about 30 hours) but that game was just so easy that I said "what the hell, I'll go all the way."

Most recently I did Half-Life 2, because I felt like re-playing it. I admit, I used a guide for a few things, but it's fairly easy to 100% that game in a single playthrough if you have the tasks in mind.

I've noticed recently that Valve doesn't exactly set strict guidelines on developers' achievements. Some of them are extremely grindy or otherwise ridiculous (like the Gmod one where you just spend an entire year's worth of time in the game) so I was wondering if any games take the opposite route, making everything piss easy on the player.
---
http://the-trooth.tumblr.com/
My book/movie journal.
#2runromPosted 3/6/2014 12:49:34 AM
Super Meat Boy.
---
MBP 2009 | i5 3570k @ 4.4ghz | AMD 7870 | PS Vita | Nintendo 3DS | HP Touchpad
Now part of the 500 posts club.
#3PokenubPosted 3/6/2014 12:53:48 AM
Badly designed games do that for the most part (although Gunpoint was really fun).

If a game hands out achievements like candy, then there's no accomplishment. There's no real rules when it comes to achievements, because they don't add towards a score type system (like Sony and Microsoft's systems do).

Achievements are for the ones who had fun with the game and want to go that extra step to achieve everything. Final Fantasy 7 on steam has examples of some good achievements and some rubbish ones. "Win First Battle", is a bad achievement, because it's just like "Congratulations, you just took a breath".

On the other hand, Get a Gold Chocobo is a good achievement, since it's something you aren't required to do to beat the story, but if you go out of your way, it ends up being good.

For example, if I were to get an achievement for getting all collectables, it'd make me more likely to, since I don't have to do it, but it's a nice little reward.
---
Damn it.. I swear I had something for this..
#4LOLIAmAnAltPosted 3/6/2014 1:06:42 AM
Super Hexagon, there are only 6
---
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
#5Lord Loofiloo(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2014 1:17:15 AM
Pokenub posted...
Achievements are for the ones who had fun with the game and want to go that extra step to achieve everything. Final Fantasy 7 on steam has examples of some good achievements and some rubbish ones. "Win First Battle", is a bad achievement, because it's just like "Congratulations, you just took a breath".

On the other hand, Get a Gold Chocobo is a good achievement, since it's something you aren't required to do to beat the story, but if you go out of your way, it ends up being good.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I think the best kinds of achievements are the ones that encourage you to try new things in the game, or go down paths you wouldn't normally take. Like Bioshock Infinite has a "kill X enemies with Y weapon" achievement for each weapon in the game, and that kind of thing made me more inclined to give each weapon a fair chance, rather than just beating the whole game with my two favorites.

There are some notorious downsides to that too though, like in TF2 where they ask you to ubercharge a scout as a medic and get a few kills in the process. Or the one where you're supposed to taunt an enemy while ubercharged as a heavy. Achievements like that will either be farmed, or they'll cause your team to get pissed off at you. Both options are pretty crappy.
---
http://the-trooth.tumblr.com/
My book/movie journal.
#6fire2boxPosted 3/6/2014 1:19:44 AM
The Walking Dead. All you need to do is beat the game since the only achievements is complete each chapter.

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is pretty easy to get 100% achievements on. Its a really good game too.
---
Ivy bridge i5 3570k @3.40GHz | 8 GB DDR3 | single XFX 7870| OCZ 600W Modular. Nvidia, AMD, Intel for life!!
3DS FC: 2208-5221-4039
#7arleasPosted 3/6/2014 3:06:07 AM(edited)
I only have one 100% complete game because I usually don't care enough to try for all achievements. The one I DO have is so easy because there's only like 12 achievements to get and you'll get them by just playing the game.

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3201564081.png
#8thatauthorPosted 3/6/2014 4:03:21 AM
Qube. the only achievement that isn't related to beating the game us easily googleable.
---
Leave it to the atheist to have to explain a religious joke... ~ RaptorLC
#9snesmaster40Posted 3/6/2014 5:10:23 AM
Fallout New Vegas's achievements are easy, but very time consuming.

Skyrim is similar too, but you can use the console commands to help get them faster (lol cheating).
---
Are we not men?
#10charlton3kPosted 3/6/2014 5:17:40 AM
Ah someone else who likes steam achievements, wonder if its the lack of overall gamerscore that is putting people off, hope they add some sort of profiling soon.
---
Craphex
I play every game across every platform. Everything in one place: http://raptr.com/charlton3k/about