This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

need gaming keyboard/mouse

#1FlyinTonitePosted 3/6/2014 9:14:00 AM
200 dollars is my budget, just sold a few old gpus I wasn't using so I'm looking to upgrade the ole keyboard and optical mouse lol.
---
Sony fanboys are the most annoying, Nintendo fanboys are the most ignorant and Microsoft fanboys are adorable because they think they're people.
#2ElDudorinoPosted 3/6/2014 9:33:50 AM
"Gaming" keyboards are often just crappy, low-end boards which have LEDs thrown on to look flashy. Don't buy a Logitech G-keyboard, for example. But really, any keyboard with like 4kro or better will be good for games. Or look for a mechanical keyboard if that's your thing.

I think gaming mice are a gimmick as well, though a lot of people disagree with me. Anyway, you're supposed to get something with a "perfect" sensor like a Microsoft Intellimouse or a Razer Death Adder. I have the Death Adder 3500 and it fits great in my hand but feels a bit flimsy. I don't particularly like the drivers, either. But, it's lasted me a few years at this point with no major issues.
#3Fargoth272Posted 3/6/2014 12:45:04 PM
ElDudorino posted...
"Gaming" keyboards are often just crappy, low-end boards which have LEDs thrown on to look flashy. Don't buy a Logitech G-keyboard, for example. But really, any keyboard with like 4kro or better will be good for games. Or look for a mechanical keyboard if that's your thing.

I think gaming mice are a gimmick as well, though a lot of people disagree with me. Anyway, you're supposed to get something with a "perfect" sensor like a Microsoft Intellimouse or a Razer Death Adder. I have the Death Adder 3500 and it fits great in my hand but feels a bit flimsy. I don't particularly like the drivers, either. But, it's lasted me a few years at this point with no major issues.

Good advice here for the most part, but you don't have to over-generalize everything. The Logitech G710+ is a really nice mechanical keyboard with MX Cherry Brown switches. Almost all the other Logitech 'gaming' keyboards are crap though.

I would advise going for something with a good optical sensor. There's lots of debate out there, but for the most part laser sensors are still dealing with some acceleration. I would advise getting a Death Adder 2013 from somewhere you can return it on the spot if it goes defective. Razer quality control isn't the best, and I had a button stick on my first one after one week. That being said, the sensor is amazing, and it's one the best mice out there when you get a good one.

That being said I suggest:
Death Adder: $50-$80 depending on where you get it.

Mechanical Keyboard $100-$150 depending on store/model.
Ducky Shine 3 / Logitech G710+ (MX Brown)
CM Storm Tactical (MX Red, Brown, Blue)
Razer Black Widow Ultimate (MX Blue)
Corsair K70 (MX Red)

These are all decent choices. Read reviews, find the look you want, there are other good brands out there as well.
---
8s7dfz32xc0v62x0
#4FlyinTonite(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2014 7:08:55 PM
ended up going with the razer black widow ultimate, and the razer death adder. Very pleased with the performance so far. Picked up a 2 year warranty with the keyboard just in case, mouse idc as much about, 50 bucks isn't nearly as bad as the 140 keyboard.

They both look fantastic on my desk now. Both of them got 4/5 and I read at least a dozen reviews on newegg before making my decision. I think I did ok.
---
Sony fanboys are the most annoying, Nintendo fanboys are the most ignorant and Microsoft fanboys are adorable because they think they're people.