This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

META: Sticky Topic

#1Worknofun370Posted 3/6/2014 3:43:36 PM
Am I the only one who still thinks the sticky topic needs to go? I feel like I make a topic each year about it. But seriously, it was written in 2007 and closed since 2008. I think it's about time we take that thing down.

Just my two cents, that thing needs to go. Anyone else agree? I requested for it to be removed (for the 10,000th time) but figured I'd make a topic complaining about it too. I mean, that's the GameFAQs way, right? :)

If only I was a mod.
#2LoshadtPosted 3/6/2014 3:44:18 PM
Is the content in it still relevant? If so there's no good reason to take it down.
---
Remember to hug you're waifu.
#3KillerTrufflePosted 3/6/2014 3:45:15 PM
I have marked it to be unstickied I don't know how many times. I've basically given up. I agree something more current should replace it, but apparently the mods don't care.

If you find a way to get through with this message to a mod/admin tho, I'm totally on board with having it unstickied...
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#4KillerTrufflePosted 3/6/2014 3:45:36 PM
Loshadt posted...
Is the content in it still relevant? If so there's no good reason to take it down.

Some of the concepts can still apply, but a good majority of it is obsolete.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#5Worknofun370(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2014 3:58:31 PM(edited)
Loshadt posted...

As KT pointed out, some is. The vast majority is pretty outdated.

I wish I had some access logs to gamefaqs servers too. I'm willing to bet nobody looks at it.
#6LoshadtPosted 3/6/2014 3:59:21 PM
Worknofun370 posted...
I wish I had some access logs to gamefaqs servers too. I'm willing to bet nobody looks at it.

I glanced at it out of curiosity once, but yeah it's probably irrelevant.
---
Remember to hug you're waifu.
#7Worknofun370(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2014 4:00:45 PM
My only other issue with it, and it's been an issue for awhile, is it's an FAQ. We have a section dedicated to FAQs. I don't even get why it was a topic in the first place haha.
#8PsythikPosted 3/6/2014 4:10:13 PM
Worknofun370 posted...
My only other issue with it, and it's been an issue for awhile, is it's an FAQ. We have a section dedicated to FAQs. I don't even get why it was a topic in the first place haha.
And even then the only FAQ for the PC is a 5-year-old article on how to mod XBOX controllers to work on PCs. Everybody moved on to 360 controllers a long time ago.
---
4670K | 2GB GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 9-9-9-24 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Win8.1 Pro
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt56/S26DG44B/PsythikViolet_Blooded.jpg
#9CELTEKKPosted 3/6/2014 4:15:42 PM
Take that sticky down only when someone writes a guide as comprehensive that is more up-to-date.
---
psn:celtekk|steam:celtekk
http://imgur.com/OAmxBPd
#10Orestes417Posted 3/6/2014 4:19:47 PM
Yeah it definitely needs to be unstuck. But then again there's a lot of things that need doing, like reestablishing the social board and banning the abuse of special fonts.
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together