This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rate this build. $700 budget.

#1Bmvc1Posted 3/6/2014 6:04:04 PM(edited)
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/34qgr

I'm about to start buying this build, but I'm no expert so let me know if there are any issues. My budget is $700. I feel really good about it, I really wanted a blue&black motherboard, but the only ones available are MSI and the reviews are not great so I went with the Gigabyte one which people seem to really like.
#2-5xad0w-Posted 3/6/2014 6:09:57 PM
Not bad.

I'd probably have gotten a ~$50 mid tower (Rosewill Challenger is serviceable budget case) and put the difference towards a Caviar Black.
---
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven
#3PhilOnDezPosted 3/6/2014 6:33:53 PM
Pretty close to what I've recommended several times today actually. Just be aware that if you're the type to do mail-in rebates that microcenter has a 660 for $150 after MIR, and that's not an in-store pickup deal. If you don't do rebates (I know I don't) then it's basically what I'd say to get.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#4aak57Posted 3/6/2014 6:37:35 PM
Just an FYI that it's going to be more expensive if you don't actually live near a microcenter since the price is only valid in-store. And if you're actually near a microcenter, it'd make more sense to go for a 4670K + motherboard from them since you get a discount so it'd end up basically the same price.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
#5PhilOnDezPosted 3/6/2014 6:39:53 PM
What's more expensive? The 660 deal is $180 with free shipping with a $30 MIR. If he lives near a MC though I'd definitely go with a 4670k since it'd end up around the same price.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
#6aak57Posted 3/6/2014 6:50:51 PM
I wasn't commenting on your post, just letting him know that he will be paying more for that 4570 since he'll have to get it from another store unless he lives near an MC.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
#7Bmvc1(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2014 7:03:42 PM
My closest Microcenter is about a 200 mile round trip. So I will probably just be getting that CPU from Amazon for $199
#8PhilOnDezPosted 3/6/2014 7:03:52 PM
Looking at it he has the right prices, $199 for a 4570, coming out to $690
---
#9smelly_boobPosted 3/6/2014 8:46:40 PM
case seems a little expensive for a budget build... i would go with a $50 case and spend the money saved on the unlocked version of that processor... overall a nice build on a budget