This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Getting a new SSD. Should I clone my old 7 install or start fresh with 8.1?

#11EpicKingdom_Posted 3/7/2014 8:49:13 AM(edited)
8.1 hasn't given me any problems. I'm not trying to fight Windows 8.1 like most previous Windows OS fanboys who can't adjust to change. Windows 8.1 is better is every way possible in terms of performance and accessibility. I only got it to keep up with the times since whenever I have a job, it won't be for XP. I just don't honestly see what the problem is; there is no denying it. And IF there is, than most likely said complainer only watched Youtube videos on the OS without actually using it for more than a month.

---
You're not Master Race until the Gaben reveals himself before you. ALL of himself. https://www.youtube.com/user/PCGamingMasterRace87/videos
#12SinisterSlayPosted 3/7/2014 8:52:22 AM
Install both, why limit yourself? Run with 8 and throw 7 on another drive for when you need that extra compatibility. Or do the opposite.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#13temgunPosted 3/7/2014 11:01:27 AM
Epicness2012 posted...
Don't go to 8.1 if you have trouble adjusting to new things. That's the main reason it's disliked by so many.

More like disliked by those who haven't truly tried it and blindly hate it for some reason. There's metro, but it's okay once you customize it properly, meaning deleting everything and putting your stuff in. There are the awful modern apps that can be deleted in like 10 seconds. Then there are charms, but I have no idea why they even exist. The rest is pretty much identical to 7, but much better.
#14foodeater4Posted 3/7/2014 12:14:56 PM
If you want to do something in Windows 8.1, that you used to know how to do in Win 7 or earlier. Just use the windows key + s, search box comes up, type in what you want to do and itll give you a link. Win 8.1 is easy as can be.