This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why the hate on razer's mechanical keys?

#11wildog2006Posted 3/7/2014 9:21:11 AM
It's actually 0.3mm difference. What's the point? They didn't even lower the actuation force, my biggest gripe with the switches they use.
---
London-SV on Throttle Control in Gran Turismo 6 ~ ''Unless you're flooring it at every opportunity... Try to be a little more genital on the accelerator''
#12ConkerPosted 3/7/2014 9:45:50 AM
Clouddx posted...
Lootman posted...
ThePCElitist posted...
Because it's Razer.

I like their headsets, keyboards, tablet and modular PC design.
(not their mice).
But apparently that opinion is wrong =_=

Their headsets are terrible as well as their keyboards, I can't speak for the tablet, but their mice(and only one of them) is the only redeeming thing Razer has left.

Hey, I picked up an Edge Pro, and it is legit quality with some great (overpriced and limited quantity) accessories. The keyboard dock is Razer's attempt at s***ting on fans of the thing, though.

I've never owned anything else by Razer, so I can't speak about the rest.
---
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!
#13SPINESHANK101Posted 3/7/2014 9:46:34 AM
Razer makes garbage peripherals. It's laughable that they talk about build quality.
---
Playing: Infamous 2
Next game on list: Uncharted 2
#14KillerTrufflePosted 3/7/2014 9:49:04 AM
Conker posted...
Hey, I picked up an Edge Pro, and it is legit quality with some great (overpriced and limited quantity) accessories. The keyboard dock is Razer's attempt at s***ting on fans of the thing, though.

Razer is still trying to pull its whole accessory thing with some of its devices? I think that's the biggest joke of all. They pulled that with the Tarantula keyboard's "battle dock." It was just a glorified mini-USB port with a special mount. They claimed it was gonna have all sorts of add-on gadgets you could plug in there and it was going to be so useful. I *think* they might have actually released a light and a webcam for it before they dumped it. Razer doesn't have a spectacular history of supporting its products with accessories, so if you buy something based on the promise of accessories, well... just don't.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#15ConkerPosted 3/7/2014 10:00:50 AM
KillerTruffle posted...
Conker posted...

Razer is still trying to pull its whole accessory thing with some of its devices? I think that's the biggest joke of all. They pulled that with the Tarantula keyboard's "battle dock." It was just a glorified mini-USB port with a special mount. They claimed it was gonna have all sorts of add-on gadgets you could plug in there and it was going to be so useful. I *think* they might have actually released a light and a webcam for it before they dumped it. Razer doesn't have a spectacular history of supporting its products with accessories, so if you buy something based on the promise of accessories, well... just don't.

Yeah, I'm just glad I only bought the Edge Pro + Docking Station (which still was $99 for essentially a hub for HDMI, 3 USB ports, Headphone jack, and a charging stand).

The $200 keyboard dock didn't even have backlighting, and some of the worst keys I've ever felt...which makes no sense since Razer is a damn peripheral company that makes keyboards. You'd think they could do better than a $100 iPad keyboard dock like Zagg makes or such.

The controller is cool, but not for $250. And they charge $70 for an extra battery to put into it. Pathetic!

The actually tablet has been awesome though. Considering I can play everything on it's native resolution, including FC3, Crysis 3, and other high end games with medium-high settings, it's pretty impressive.
---
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!