This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about building an arcade machine with a PC

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Question about building an arcade machine with a PC

User Info: killa1096

killa1096
3 years ago#1
I'm asking this here because the arcade board is slow: I saw some guy made an arcade machine in his home from scratch and I thought I might want to make an arcade for Persona 4 Arena/ Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (depends on if Ultimax is doable. If it's not, just Arena). What would be the best OS or whatever for making an arcade machine for that game?

User Info: -CJF-

-CJF-
3 years ago#2
Isn't Person 4 Arena a PS3/360 game? You might need to use an actual PS3 or Xbox 360 for that because there are no functioning emulators for those platforms.

User Info: killa1096

killa1096
3 years ago#3
Yes, Persona 4 Arena IS a PS3/360 game, but it also released on arcades in japan under the name Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena.

User Info: Th1rte3n

Th1rte3n
3 years ago#4
Pretty much just use windows with mame.
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S

User Info: -CJF-

-CJF-
3 years ago#5
I realize it is an arcade game too, but I doubt M.A.M.E. can emulate it considering it is so new. I really don't know for sure though. If M.A.M.E. is capable of playing it, you can use any OS which M.A.M.E. supports. Most people use Windows.

I think the easiest way to do this would just be to use an Xbox 360 or PS3 though.

That's what this guy did: http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/jeanluc/blog/i-made-a-persona-4-arena-arcade-machine/103192/

User Info: bravo1

bravo1
3 years ago#6
killa1096 posted...
Yes, Persona 4 Arena IS a PS3/360 game, but it also released on arcades in japan under the name Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena.

I believe the point they were trying to make is that there isn't a way to run it on a PC. To my knowledge, an arcade release isn't available for emulation. So you would have to build a cabinet around a PS3/360. Either that or you would have to buy the arcade cabinet from..I don't know where.
3DS FC: 3952-7065-0089

User Info: -5xad0w-

-5xad0w-
3 years ago#7
I've seen the original version listed as working under MAME.

A bit of googling seems to indicate MAME may run on Linux, but how well I don't know. (on the actual site there are only Windows installers)
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
3 years ago#8
I haven't messed with MAME in awhile but I haven't seen to many newer games on there. So might be a while till that one shows up.
PC game sales= more games then you could ever dream of owning.
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade

User Info: Bellum_Sacrum

Bellum_Sacrum
3 years ago#9
Building an arcade cabinet for a game not playable on MAME is usually a bad idea.
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Question about building an arcade machine with a PC

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived