This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

OMG Spec Ops: The Line .. *ending spoilers*

#1Benjamin_ButtonPosted 3/7/2014 9:00:34 AM
..was so UNDERWHELMING!

Its been sitting in my backlog for the better part of a year & just finally got around to playing it. Having been hyped as having a crazy awesome story..i expected better. Gameplay was solid, but im not here to talk about that.

The ending was seriously expected. All the hints you got from about halfway through the game you wouldve AT LEAST figured out that the Captain was f***** in the head and was making a lot of s*** up. The Konrad reveal was expected in the end, I was just expecting some other crazy details or revelations that ultimately fell flat.

Solid game overall, but completely overrated story. If you're expecting to get inceptioned, this is not the game you're looking for.

My only other regret is not making a 'Buy it, Rent it, F*** it" topic on it a long time ago...
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
Macbook Pro Retina i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz | Nvidia 650m 1GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 750GB Flash Storage
#2ThePCElitistPosted 3/7/2014 9:05:03 AM
Troll jopic
#3ShadowThaReaperPosted 3/7/2014 9:05:14 AM
They could have cut the number of enemies in half, and it would have been a much better game.

Every single battle, especially at the end was so mind numbing.
#4Ch3wyPosted 3/7/2014 9:17:43 AM
You didn't understand the meta story.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#5PhilOnDezPosted 3/7/2014 9:19:28 AM
Waitwaitwait, Inception was deep? It was kinda neat but at the end of the day it felt like exercise in awesome special effects with an ending that served no purpose other than to keep people talking about it.

As for the main guy not being right in the head, the clues to that start pretty much immediately after the first area. There pretty much isn't an area that doesn't have something screwed up in it.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#6Orestes417Posted 3/7/2014 9:40:28 AM
Ch3wy posted...
You didn't understand the meta story.

Bingo. The allusions and symbolism are mindblowing when one sits back and looks at them.
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#7anonymous46773Posted 3/7/2014 10:50:37 AM
Says the story of Spec Ops was meh, but the gameplay was good? What?
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.