This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whats the most hours you have heard put into a game?

#1gamesisgoodPosted 3/7/2014 11:09:42 AM
Im thinkin Counterstrike probably has some crazy numbers lol
---
The Dude abides.
#2_LegendaryPunk_Posted 3/7/2014 11:42:18 AM
Multiplayer? Hard to say. My guess would be Lord of the Rings Online, since I played that more or less consistently for about three years. Honorable mention goes to C&C Zero Hour, America's Army and Team Fortress.

Single player is tricky too, since I replay some of my favorites from time to time (at least seven or eight Deus Ex runs). Morrowind and expansions are probably pretty high up there. As a kid I also remember maxing out the in game clock for FFVII and continuining to play for some time afterwards.
---
"But though you may find this slightly macabre,
We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job."
#3PhilOnDezPosted 3/7/2014 11:44:32 AM
WoW for me, close to 200 days on my warrior, about a hundred on my paladin, maybe 30 on my DK, lost of characters with 5-10.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#4KillerTrufflePosted 3/7/2014 11:50:00 AM
I've heard of people putting thousands of hours into games - typically MMOs like EVE Online or WoW.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#5TheSchrefPosted 3/7/2014 11:51:15 AM
I've seen someone with over 400 days on a single character on WoW. That includes AFK time, obviously, but it's still a ton. That was years ago, too. If he's still playing.... eww.
#6SinisterSlayPosted 3/7/2014 11:52:05 AM
26000 into minesweeper. That was me. I was/am head of the xfire cult "The Mine Sweepers" and all we do/did is leave minesweeper running :D
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#7Fade2black001Posted 3/7/2014 11:56:32 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
26000 into minesweeper. That was me. I was/am head of the xfire cult "The Mine Sweepers" and all we do/did is leave minesweeper running :D

I do not understand this. All I have to say is why?
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#8SinisterSlayPosted 3/7/2014 12:03:50 PM(edited)
Fade2black001 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

I do not understand this. All I have to say is why?

We were trying to get minesweeper to the top games played list.
We were doing pretty good actually. There was around 500 of us doing this at one point across 2 guilds.
You can still find posts from people complaining of my guild(cult) recruiting random people to sit with minesweeper open. I think it was a fairly successful trolling operation.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#9Digital StormPosted 3/7/2014 12:02:58 PM
I've got 16000 hours in WoW -- on one character no less.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
#10PyrotechnixxxPosted 3/7/2014 12:04:23 PM
I put thousands of hours into Delta Force: Black Hawk Down on the PS2, along with a thousand or so hours on SOCOM: Combined Assault.
---
Fear is a leash.