This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Titanfall install size 49.99GB

#51SmackpwnPosted 3/7/2014 6:12:27 PM
itd be nice if you didnt support this unoptimized garbage-ware, its obvious they rushed it out to make a quick buck before the xbox one goes down in flames, if you could do that itd be great
#52Fission_MaiIedPosted 3/7/2014 6:14:02 PM
Smackpwn posted...
itd be nice if you didnt support this unoptimized garbage-ware, its obvious they rushed it out to make a quick buck before the xbox one goes down in flames, if you could do that itd be great

Cry moar please.
---
GT: Fission MaiIed (L is i); PSN: FissionXMailed (L is L); BNet: FissionMailD#1973; Steam ID: gfreak001
No "i" in team, but there is in fail.
#53Jason_HudsonPosted 3/7/2014 6:34:53 PM
SinisterSlay posted...
I sure hope the deliberate over bloating stops soon.

Agreed. The developers think they can fool customers with huge numbers. We get it, it's next gen. It doesn't need to be a bigger size.

I blame consoles. Xbox 360 to Xbox One (and PS3 to PS4) just wasn't the same leap as the PS2 to PS3, so developers resort to forcing huge numbers to sell games.

Alas, I still have plenty of space, but if this keeps up I'm going to either have to buy another 2TB drive or start uninstalling. Probably the former, I like all my games on demand and they're really cheap at the moment (61 on Amazon, about the same price as Titanfall with the Season Pass!)
---
PC is the only place to play games at their true potential
1080p/60fps standard, upgradable, mods, FOV sliders, ultra graphics - it's backwards compatible too
#54KabtheMentatPosted 3/7/2014 6:49:52 PM
Smackpwn posted...

Actually, the game is pretty well optimized. I don't have a great PC (Phenom II X4 965, 7850, 8GB RAM) but even that ran the beta...the ******* BETA...at high 1080p/60FPS vsync-ed.

Jason_Hudson posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

Agreed. The developers think they can fool customers with huge numbers. We get it, it's next gen. It doesn't need to be a bigger size.

I blame consoles. Xbox 360 to Xbox One (and PS3 to PS4) just wasn't the same leap as the PS2 to PS3, so developers resort to forcing huge numbers to sell games.

Alas, I still have plenty of space, but if this keeps up I'm going to either have to buy another 2TB drive or start uninstalling. Probably the former, I like all my games on demand and they're really cheap at the moment (61 on Amazon, about the same price as Titanfall with the Season Pass!)

Oh look. Someone blaming stuff regarding PC gaming on consoles. How unique. You do realize no one buying a console game thinks to themselves, "Hmm, man this game is only 5GB installed...I dunno if I should get it. Might not be much content."
---
"New" favorite song currently: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7WD0Hi3_nw
No, I'm not a lesbian.
#55thehappiestEMOPosted 3/7/2014 6:59:06 PM
gastaman posted...
Could you imagine receiving 35,000+ floppies for install and them coming out of order? Wonder how long it would take to find disk 2 when prompted.

I might poop myself.
---
everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die
#56Xeeh_Bitz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2014 7:00:59 PM
KabtheMentat posted...
Smackpwn posted...

Actually, the game is pretty well optimized. I don't have a great PC (Phenom II X4 965, 7850, 8GB RAM) but even that ran the beta...the ******* BETA...at high 1080p/60FPS vsync-ed.

Jason_Hudson posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

Oh look. Someone blaming stuff regarding PC gaming on consoles. How unique. You do realize no one buying a console game thinks to themselves, "Hmm, man this game is only 5GB installed...I dunno if I should get it. Might not be much content."

Actually from what I read, they're doing the opposite.

OMG, this is 40gb installed, my disk space is running out! "Why must we install this, why, why!"
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#57Trance_FanPosted 3/7/2014 7:07:45 PM
Fade2black001 posted...
How the hell is that game 50 gigs?

uncompressed data, 4k textures and native resolution support
common sense to know this if you're a pc gamer
---
i think it's nice
#58LOLIAmAnAltPosted 3/7/2014 7:20:13 PM
Thank goodness it isn't 50GB

I was worried for a moment.
---
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
#59KidInTheHallPosted 3/7/2014 7:27:09 PM
^ Your worries are your own old man!

I'M MR. KIDINTHEHALL LOOK AT ME!
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#60KabtheMentatPosted 3/7/2014 7:28:48 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
KabtheMentat posted...
Smackpwn posted...

Jason_Hudson posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

Actually from what I read, they're doing the opposite.

OMG, this is 40gb installed, my disk space is running out! "Why must we install this, why, why!"

Exactly. The argument used that higher amounts of GBs is used as a sales gimmick might be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard, especially regarding consoles. Second dumbest thing is that people are just waiting for Smash Bros, and Wii Us will fly off the shelves.
---
"New" favorite song currently: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7WD0Hi3_nw
No, I'm not a lesbian.