This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

DX12 coming to xbox one (as well as pc)

#11staticxtreme5Posted 3/7/2014 6:44:17 PM
snkboi posted...
JKatarn posted...
snkboi posted...
Clouddx posted...
Lol, trollololol

xbox one could have been engineered to unlock these new features via future software..this apu is very next gen then pc components today

No, no it's not - I hate to (well, I'm lying there) pop your delusional bubble, but the APU in a $400/500 console is definitely not on the same level/superior to a good video card in a gaming PC. The size/heat/cost/research and development time etc. considerations of gaming consoles make this statement laughably misinformed/incorrect.

ps4 xbox one are the most advanced apus in the world..intel isn't even close to reaching this graphic power in their apu's, not anytime soon

the way these apus are engineered was next gen compared to the common laptop stuff we have today

While the APUs used in the next Gen consoles are not ready for PC use quite yet, it won't be long. Kaveri is out and its only a matter of time before we see them on PC.

Not that it really matters because until there is a game changer, a discrete card plus a CPU will always be superior.
#12godplaysSNESPosted 3/7/2014 6:48:29 PM
APUs are inherently more efficient with GPGPU tasks.

But the PC's main problem is its APIs. An APU can be used optimally in a console, whereas it's currently treated like a normal CPU + GPU combo on the PC.
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#13CllerjPosted 3/7/2014 6:50:38 PM
snkboi posted...
JKatarn posted...
snkboi posted...
Clouddx posted...
Lol, trollololol

xbox one could have been engineered to unlock these new features via future software..this apu is very next gen then pc components today

No, no it's not - I hate to (well, I'm lying there) pop your delusional bubble, but the APU in a $400/500 console is definitely not on the same level/superior to a good video card in a gaming PC. The size/heat/cost/research and development time etc. considerations of gaming consoles make this statement laughably misinformed/incorrect.

ps4 xbox one are the most advanced apus in the world..intel isn't even close to reaching this graphic power in their apu's, not anytime soon

the way these apus are engineered was next gen compared to the common laptop stuff we have today

Care to elborate or are you just gonna try and change the subject? I want proof from a legitimate source.
---
PSN-cllerj
Official Midroller of the Dark Souls boards
#14DarkZV2BetaPosted 3/7/2014 7:01:36 PM
Cllerj posted...
e to elborate or are you just gonna try and change the subject? I want proof from

Find an Intel processor with a IGP that competes with 7850.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#15killkountPosted 3/7/2014 7:57:34 PM
"superior console version"

does not compute
---
http://i.imgur.com/XqIF7rn.gif
#16Darkcloud20Posted 3/7/2014 8:07:26 PM
Direct X 10 has just very recently somewhat started to be required
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#17AlexKidd5000Posted 3/7/2014 8:30:56 PM
Who cares about directx? opengl is just as good, and doesn't require you to buy a whole new OS just because MS says you have to.
#18LOLIAmAnAltPosted 3/7/2014 8:36:33 PM
Wait, do the new consoles not have a GPU?
---
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
#19ShebeskiiPosted 3/7/2014 9:13:27 PM
godplaysSNES posted...
APUs are inherently more efficient with GPGPU tasks.

But the PC's main problem is its APIs. An APU can be used optimally in a console, whereas it's currently treated like a normal CPU + GPU combo on the PC.

Not sure if you noticed, but the PS4's APU isn't going to outperform a mid-high range PC at anything, ever.
---
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens
#20Bazooka_PenguinPosted 3/7/2014 9:22:43 PM
AlexKidd5000 posted...
Who cares about directx? opengl is just as good, and doesn't require you to buy a whole new OS just because MS says you have to.

You know, you hear this a lot and yet only the indie scene is a staunch supporter of OpenGL, probably because of the overlap with mobile gaming, for which DX isn't an option.

Professional studios, from small to large, primarily use DX and even if they do support OpenGL it's usually an afterthought. There are only a handful of exceptions like id.
---
Deth Pen
http://i.imgur.com/eMXgU.gif