This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

DX12 coming to xbox one (as well as pc)

#31crawdadPosted 3/8/2014 12:35:19 PM
Can someone explain inn real terms how this could affect the XBO in any way or shape?

Like are there any actual chances of improvements at all for the system? Or is it just MS fluff?
---
Expert at the Monster Mash.
GT: Gojirra | PSN: Gojirra102 | steamcommunity.com/id/crawdad
#32DarkZV2BetaPosted 3/8/2014 3:18:35 PM
crawdad posted...
Can someone explain inn real terms how this could affect the XBO in any way or shape?

Like are there any actual chances of improvements at all for the system? Or is it just MS fluff?

Better API performance means better game performance.
To the end user, it's mostly just fluff, much like any big announcement of someone "unlocking X console's TRUE POWUR" or whatever.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#33neroAngeloPosted 3/8/2014 3:42:06 PM
Bazooka_Penguin posted...

You know, you hear this a lot and yet only the indie scene is a staunch supporter of OpenGL, probably because of the overlap with mobile gaming, for which DX isn't an option.

Professional studios, from small to large, primarily use DX and even if they do support OpenGL it's usually an afterthought. There are only a handful of exceptions like id.

PlayStation and Wii don't use dx, they usr opengl. I wouldn't call games released on those console afterthoughts.
---
PSWii360U - This is how I triforce http://i.imgur.com/9qF9vGa.jpg
i7 920 @3.3GHz, 6GB DDR3, 7850 2GB
#34Burento95Posted 3/8/2014 3:54:32 PM
Im going to just say, who f****** cares? Just play the d*** game on your PC and the XBone users will play on that. These PC vs console arguments are a waste of time you could be using to go to work, or pay your bills, or perhaps step outside and see the Sun for once in your life. Jesus. Wtf is wrong with you people?
#35DarkZV2BetaPosted 3/8/2014 4:19:05 PM
neroAngelo posted...
Bazooka_Penguin posted...

You know, you hear this a lot and yet only the indie scene is a staunch supporter of OpenGL, probably because of the overlap with mobile gaming, for which DX isn't an option.

Professional studios, from small to large, primarily use DX and even if they do support OpenGL it's usually an afterthought. There are only a handful of exceptions like id.

PlayStation and Wii don't use dx, they usr opengl. I wouldn't call games released on those console afterthoughts.

They usually use proprietary libraries, sometimes based on OpenGL, actually.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#36godplaysSNESPosted 3/9/2014 6:42:13 AM
Perhaps DX12 will be the Xbox One's higher-level API.

Since one of the key advantages developing for a console is using a lower-level API, I don't see why the "PC's DX12" would bring any improvements over the Xbox One's current low-level API.

If DX12 works on the Xbox One, it should by all means work on the rest of AMD's GCN GPUs. And since Nvidia is on board too, it most likely works on Kepler (and perhaps Fermi) too.
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#37SuperSuikodenPosted 3/9/2014 8:38:56 AM
So Xbox One will perform better now?
---
1 line break(s), 160 characters allowed
#38wentzelotPosted 3/9/2014 9:19:44 AM
meanwhile other platforms are getting new games rather than DX updates
#39MaxCHEATER64Posted 3/9/2014 9:28:11 AM
Clouddx posted...
Lol, trollololol

---
i5-3570K @ 4.6 GHz | HD IceQ X 7850 | Z77-D3H | 700W | Intel 550 180GB | Seagate Barracuda 1T | Seagate XTD 2T + 16GB SSHD | 2x8 GB RAM
#40Trance_FanPosted 3/9/2014 9:36:23 AM
wentzelot posted...
meanwhile other platforms are getting new games rather than DX updates

xbox one is the only system that's getting all the new games..ps4 last game was tomb raider reboot in jan
---
i think it's nice