This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are people so srs in CSGO?

#31ClouddxPosted 3/8/2014 11:00:09 AM
pitt12177 posted...
I imagine a lot of these people wake up, eat Kraft mac n cheese and then sit in their pajamas for 12 hours while playing all day.

I'm so doing this tomorrow.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#32killkountPosted 3/8/2014 11:04:24 AM
kraft mac and cheese is delicious
---
http://i.imgur.com/XqIF7rn.gif
#33Fade2black001Posted 3/8/2014 12:02:07 PM
killkount posted...
kraft mac and cheese is delicious

ewww
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#34JKatarnPosted 3/8/2014 12:10:26 PM
Play just about any online (or offline for that matter) game, and there will be people that take it too seriously. Typically it's people that have a great deal of their self esteem (and most/all of their free time) invested in said game(s). That being said, the willfully ignorant "Leeroy Jenkins" types that purposefully sabotage things/TK etc. annoy me.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#35JKatarnPosted 3/8/2014 12:12:07 PM
CatToy posted...
Ravenoussd posted...
i try to stay away from those team "competitive" games...like dota and LoL

way to much seriousness to enjoy it

CSGO is nowhere near as bad as DotA and League. Besides the dumb ass clutch or kick thing the community is actually pretty nice, even in competitive.

Oh yeah, lol, I'd have to imagine just about any other gaming community would have to seem like a hippie commune compared with DoTA and LoL.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
#36JKatarnPosted 3/8/2014 12:17:38 PM
pitt12177 posted...
Because when you have people who have these elaborate MLG setups and they spend four thousand hours playing one game they will accept nothing less than seriousness 100% of the time.

I switched from console last year and while the experience to the master race has been a good one, I have found much more obsessive and compulsive personalities on the PC. Literal "keyboard warriors" in a sense. I imagine a lot of these people wake up, eat Kraft mac n cheese and then sit in their pajamas for 12 hours while playing all day.

While I don't doubt there are people like that (and I've encountered a few), you're unfairly painting the whole PC community with the same brush - most people who game on PC have fairly modest rigs/attitudes and enjoy the mods/options etc. the PC provides. They're normal people who enjoy games, but are grounded enough to realize that they are ultimately just entertainment, not a government sanctioned precision military operation.
---
#37That1GuyyPosted 3/8/2014 12:25:45 PM
I haven't experienced a whole lot of trash talk to teammates or whatever while playing Global Offensive. Yes, sometimes there is, but I've experienced the most whining about teammates while playing Call of Duty on console, and the most trash talk in general in Halo.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#38pitt12177Posted 3/8/2014 1:38:14 PM
Call of Duty in general brings that out in people. JKatarn posted...
pitt12177 posted...
Because when you have people who have these elaborate MLG setups and they spend four thousand hours playing one game they will accept nothing less than seriousness 100% of the time.

I switched from console last year and while the experience to the master race has been a good one, I have found much more obsessive and compulsive personalities on the PC. Literal "keyboard warriors" in a sense. I imagine a lot of these people wake up, eat Kraft mac n cheese and then sit in their pajamas for 12 hours while playing all day.

While I don't doubt there are people like that (and I've encountered a few), you're unfairly painting the whole PC community with the same brush - most people who game on PC have fairly modest rigs/attitudes and enjoy the mods/options etc. the PC provides. They're normal people who enjoy games, but are grounded enough to realize that they are ultimately just entertainment, not a government sanctioned precision military operation.

I never eluded to everyone being part of the minority I described. I'm simply saying if you dig into the deep underground of most competitive atmospheres on PC gaming, you are not going to like what you'll find.

There are L4D2 clans that require at least 500 hours played minimum in order to not be kicked from a lobby. There are Chivalry players who sink at least 10 hours a day into mastering a sword lunge. Etc, etc.

It's not my way to tell people what they can and can't do with their free time. If you enjoy it, do whatever makes you happy. But a lot of these people aren't having fun. They need help.
#39DarkZV2Beta(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2014 3:14:55 PM
That1Guyy posted...
I haven't experienced a whole lot of trash talk to teammates or whatever while playing Global Offensive. Yes, sometimes there is, but I've experienced the most whining about teammates while playing Call of Duty on console, and the most trash talk in general in Halo.

I've seen trash talk one or two times, but it's always been in jest outside of classic compet.
Seriousness usually goes hand in hand with silence in other gametypes.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross