This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I've been gaming for a loooong time, and I feel I can safely say that

#141RavenoussdPosted 3/8/2014 4:51:57 PM
okay time to end this thread....

if something triggers a dopamine reaction...then it can become addicting

/end thread
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRFJoUBP54o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9J0ok18k_8
#142imhomelessPosted 3/8/2014 5:19:00 PM
Ravenoussd posted...
okay time to end this thread....

if something triggers a dopamine reaction...then it can become addicting

/end thread

I'm pretty sure this thread ended when I responded to detractors with common sense and indisputable arguments, but it's nice of you to provide the html closure.
#143KillerTrufflePosted 3/8/2014 6:10:36 PM
I have yet to see an actually cohesive argument from the TC in favor of taxing/regulating specifically games as a destructive addiction, as opposed to food, movies, toys, Internet, television, or anything else people become just as addicted to. None at all.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#144PaukenPosted 3/8/2014 8:39:00 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
I have yet to see an actually cohesive argument from the TC in favor of taxing/regulating specifically games as a destructive addiction, as opposed to food, movies, toys, Internet, television, or anything else people become just as addicted to. None at all.

Don't go giving governments of the western world any ideas. The last thing we need is governments to first regulate video games, and then realize TVTropes is exactly the same in addictiveness, and proceed to slap controls over the internet. It's only a few steps from there to 1984, cause suddenly they'll start regulating EVERYTHING, and we'll be entering a dystopic age :/

Of course, I'm sure TC is suggesting this just to push towards this dystopia. Just as planned, huh? </sarcasm>
#145jonsushiPosted 3/10/2014 3:53:16 PM
noimnoturdaddy posted...
jonsushi posted...
For the second (actually third time now) time, READ.

I did. If I'm misunderstanding your point, then maybe you should give me more than a couple sentences, followed by a demand to re-read them.

You can't misunderstand something if you don't read it.

My initial post addressed your "problems." If you had read it, or even the post afterwards by another user who completely agreed with what I said about your inability to read a post before mine, then you would have saved yourself a couple posts. Also, if you had read my post then you would have realized that there was no point in you even replying to my post since I simply pointed out your inability to misunderstand an earlier post (or even read since at this point you've made it obvious you have the reading version of selective hearing). So your reply to me should have actually been addressed to Ningishzida since he made the point. The point that you completely and utterly failed to comprehend. But that's probably because you didn't actually read his post either. If you're sensing a pattern here, well, then I'm shocked because that would mean you can read. Which would go towards proving to everyone that you have selective reading.

Hopefully it sounds like I said the same thing multiple times. Sometimes nails have to be hit more than once. Especially when they can't read or understand a language.

Anyways, good luck with that.

---
Playing: BF4, GTA 5 (PS3), Dark Souls, Mario & Luigi Dream Team
Wants: HL3, a PS4, Xbox One
#146KillerTrufflePosted 3/10/2014 3:59:15 PM
jonsushi posted...

Actually, I'm guessing he may not be able to read for a very different reason at the moment. His main account is currently in Purgatory, and his alt that he continued the thread with was full-on banned.

User Name noimnoturdaddy
User ID 6632223
Board User Level 3: Purgatory
Account suspended for a set period of time by an admin for numerous and/or severe TOS violations.

User Name imhomeless
User ID 6924948
Board User Level -2: Banned
User has been banned from posting messages for one or more Terms of Service violations.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#147AkimboP90Posted 3/10/2014 4:13:06 PM
Damn near everything can be addictive. But drugs are known to be physically addictive, rather than mentally addictive, in the fact that your body doesn't even function normally without the drug. If someone smokes every day, chances are they'll get addicted, if someone drinks every day, chances are they'll get addicted.

But someone can game every day without any problem. Gaming addiction is definitely real, I know someone who logged 80+ days in World of Warcraft in something like 4 months, World of Warcraft became his life, and this was definitely very harmful. But he wouldn't have experienced withdrawal symptoms from not playing.

Hell, I myself got addicted to playing sports,I got to the point where if I got an injury I couldn't hang up for a while and I was training every chance I got, I got to the point where my body was pretty much starting to break down, should playing sports be taxed because it's addictive too?
---
This signature will be changed when Justin Gabriel wins a singles title or gets released. ~ Started 17/3/11
#148jonsushiPosted 3/10/2014 4:26:46 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
jonsushi posted...

Actually, I'm guessing he may not be able to read for a very different reason at the moment. His main account is currently in Purgatory, and his alt that he continued the thread with was full-on banned.

User Name noimnoturdaddy
User ID 6632223
Board User Level 3: Purgatory
Account suspended for a set period of time by an admin for numerous and/or severe TOS violations.

User Name imhomeless
User ID 6924948
Board User Level -2: Banned
User has been banned from posting messages for one or more Terms of Service violations.

Ah well, I only wasted a little bit of my time then. :) What's sad on my part is that I even clicked on his name so I could tag him to save myself the trouble in the future and I didn't even notice he was in purgatory. Dur.

Thanks for letting me know. I didn't know about the alt. I didn't bother reading reading past his last post simply because of his pattern; which I guess is actually kinda ironic considering my post. Ha.

---
Playing: BF4, GTA 5 (PS3), Dark Souls, Mario & Luigi Dream Team
Wants: HL3, a PS4, Xbox One