This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Amd= Finished Finally

#41Bellum_SacrumPosted 3/9/2014 12:30:24 AM
darkstar4221 posted...
Are you that ignorant not to believe that consumers don't have a sway in a companies decision? If Sony and nVidia acts like corporate bastards (which they are) with very questionable business practices, consumers should just brush it off and say they are just doing it to make a profit? Going by your logic a drug dealer who kills their customer is okay as long as they make a profit. Bad business practices should never be rewarded.

Which is exactly why companies have devoted themselves to bringing in more new clients that keeping their old ones happy. The entire last-gen was exactly about that.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#42DarkZV2BetaPosted 3/9/2014 1:32:51 AM
darkstar4221 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
darkstar4221 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
I don't get where people got this silly idea. Sony is still working with nVidia. No bridges burned. It's GeForce Grid that's powering PlayStation Now, and it's nVidia's network infrastructure in Vita Remote Play.
Didn't Sony also license PhysX as part of their PS4 SDK?

nVidia is the number one manufacturer of gpus, of course Sony wouldn't completely cut their ties with nVidia. But one of the reasons why the PS3 hasn't dropped in price significantly is because nVidia refuses to allow Sony to shrink the die of the PS3 gpu. Sony doesn't like that.

They are both corporate bastards anyway so **** them both.

Sony is a business, not a person. They like whatever is profitable.

Are you that ignorant not to believe that consumers don't have a sway in a companies decision? If Sony and nVidia acts like corporate bastards (which they are) with very questionable business practices, consumers should just brush it off and say they are just doing it to make a profit? Going by your logic a drug dealer who kills their customer is okay as long as they make a profit. Bad business practices should never be rewarded.

Uh, what? Are you saying Sony is a person, and not a business? And is not interested in making money?
When did the consumer even come into this?
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#43Colonel_Romeo(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2014 1:44:05 AM
Carson_118 posted...
"Gee I sure am tired of all these 'AMD= Finished' posts! I'll make my own to express how stupid they are! That'll show them!"

You like that huh... evil grin
---
FFXIV- Tadakatsu Honda of Gilamesh
50 brd, 50 mnk.
#44darkstar4221Posted 3/9/2014 3:02:10 AM(edited)
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Uh, what? Are you saying Sony is a person, and not a business? And is not interested in making money?
When did the consumer even come into this?

In free market capitalism a company can ONLY be profitable by satisfying consumers demands and needs, that's basic economics. If a company is getting away with anti-consumer business practices while at the same time being profitable that company is either

A) Monopoly (ie Microsoft)
B) Benefit from government laws that allow that corporation to behave monopolistic while at the same time limiting competition (ie Sony and nVidia benefiting from ip laws).
C) The company has a contract agreement with another monopoly (ie nVidia/Microsoft partnership).

The duopoly of nVidia and AMD is unusual. Despite their large marketshare for over a decade, the prices of video cards haven't significantly went down when in fact it's far more cheaper to manufacture a video cards then before. Usually in free-market capitalism if it's cheaper to produce a product, the cheaper the product is. That's just proof of the lack of competition. Why isn't there more competition? My guess is that nVidia benefits a lot from the ip laws particularly patent and trade-secret laws, hence why nVidia is very reluctant to adapt to open standards or make their code
open source. In an actual free-market there would be more competition and a more acceptance towards open standards and prices would go down. I don't see that in the GPU market, for example nVidia's g-sync technology greatly increases the cost of gaming.

As for Sony, I don't even need to get into how corrupt those bastards are. Hell you can pinpoint a lot of the things they do wrong and that goes against the consumer.
#45Flaktrooper123Posted 3/9/2014 2:59:13 AM
As long as it works, I don't care if it is AMD, nvidia, intel, or whatever.
#46KamenRiderBladePosted 3/9/2014 3:36:31 AM
darkstar4221 posted...
rrupt those bastards are. Hell you can pinpoint a lot of the things they do wrong and that goes against the consumer.

You can say the same about Microsoft, Intel, Nvidia.

Everyone of them is corrupt to various degrees and leverage their monopoly.
---
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'
#47richboy900Posted 3/9/2014 5:03:42 AM
BambooPandamo posted...
NVidia burned several bridges with Sony and Microsoft. As much as I like their GPUs, the way they handled their business with the PS3 and Xbox 360 left a sour taste on the console manufacture's mouths. Doubt you're interested in the backstory, but with that kind of bad relationship AMD didn't have to try hard to get the deals.

In any case it doesn't change the reality that AMD's garbage tier processor won't save them from being further crippled in the desktop PC world. Off top of my head their Bulldozer line has been a massive failure and forced out their CEO 2 years ago.

You're right, the Xbox was one of my favourite consoles, but it lived a short life after Nvidia stopped making the gpu. By the time the 360 was launched support for the old xbox (other than live) was dead.
#48DragonRaizenPosted 3/9/2014 5:50:03 AM
Are these topics finished then?
---
-FREEZE!
-I'm a robot, not your refrigerator.
Marvin
#49Colonel_Romeo(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2014 6:19:26 AM
DragonRaizen posted...
Are these topics finished then?

They will forever live on until we can no longer post on this site.... then they will be made on another site.
---
FFXIV- Tadakatsu Honda of Gilamesh
50 brd, 50 mnk.
#50ThunderPotatoPosted 3/9/2014 8:57:42 AM
Dirk85UK posted...
mjc0961 posted...
AMD is finished because PC gaming is dead. Duh.

Yet, all of the latest consoles are using AMD.

AMD powers Netflix
---
If you happen to know how to become a paid shill for Microsoft, pm me.