This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is dota 2 easy to get in to?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is dota 2 easy to get in to?
2 years ago#1
I played dota 1 years back and it is after school at internet cafe's with some of my classmates. I would say that I was mediocre and I am not that good. I was wondering is Dota 2 easy to get in to and does knowing Dota 1 help?
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
2 years ago#2
didn't play the original, but DOTA2 isn't easy to get into at all. Expect to suck and be harassed by "pro" players. It's fun if you can get past that stage
It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum
2 years ago#3
No.

Basics are pretty well explained, but things like warding, last hit and denies ( lot harder if you came from LoL ) and going on mid lane takes a while to learn.

Then there's the players. Some are good and pretty nice in general. But as always there's that crappy part of the community : flamers, feeders, trolling with skills or items ( Using Fissure to block your own teammates to using Force Staff to push your own carry to the enemy team, those things happens ) etc.

And as you could expect from Valve games, hats. Lots. Of. Hats. There's over 100 heroes each with at least 5 pieces of equips ( Which is pure cosmetics ). Weapons, armors, wards, custom HUD, announcers... Sometimes with unique animations or sounds. And you could make some money off selling these items/keys.

It's a great game, but really unforgiving for new players.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lw27acofEY1r4hl2fo1_500.jpg
2 years ago#4
AndnA3 posted...
No.

Basics are pretty well explained, but things like warding, last hit and denies ( lot harder if you came from LoL ) and going on mid lane takes a while to learn.

Then there's the players. Some are good and pretty nice in general. But as always there's that crappy part of the community : flamers, feeders, trolling with skills or items ( Using Fissure to block your own teammates to using Force Staff to push your own carry to the enemy team, those things happens ) etc.

And as you could expect from Valve games, hats. Lots. Of. Hats. There's over 100 heroes each with at least 5 pieces of equips ( Which is pure cosmetics ). Weapons, armors, wards, custom HUD, announcers... Sometimes with unique animations or sounds. And you could make some money off selling these items/keys.

It's a great game, but really unforgiving for new players.

Ok, I will give it a shot but I might go and ask to play with my old buddies. THey sunk 200+ hours on dota 2 so they could give me an advice. I will give it a shot though. I bet its gonna be as tough as CS:GO. I suck at these kind of game and I remember that I only genuinely enjoyed Chivalry since I feel like I had a fighting chance
2 years ago#5
TowerBooks3192 posted...
Ok, I will give it a shot but I might go and ask to play with my old buddies. THey sunk 200+ hours on dota 2 so they could give me an advice. I will give it a shot though. I bet its gonna be as tough as CS:GO. I suck at these kind of game and I remember that I only genuinely enjoyed Chivalry since I feel like I had a fighting chance

Playing Warcraft campaigns will help a lot if you want to put some time to the game. Microing is important and the campaign missions has a lot of that.

That and since DOTA 2's bots sucked hard you might want to try to download the AI maps for WC3 too. They have a much better bots, far more precise in last hitting and denying and also really aggressive with constant harass.

This is the guide that most people recommend for new players : http://www.purgegamers.com/welcome-to-dota-you-suck

( Don't get fooled by the title, it's actually a serious guide )
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lw27acofEY1r4hl2fo1_500.jpg
2 years ago#6
AndnA3 posted...
TowerBooks3192 posted...

Playing Warcraft campaigns will help a lot if you want to put some time to the game. Microing is important and the campaign missions has a lot of that.

That and since DOTA 2's bots sucked hard you might want to try to download the AI maps for WC3 too. They have a much better bots, far more precise in last hitting and denying and also really aggressive with constant harass.

This is the guide that most people recommend for new players : http://www.purgegamers.com/welcome-to-dota-you-suck

( Don't get fooled by the title, it's actually a serious guide )

Cheers! I will give that a go and I reckon I didn't lost my WC3 battlechest when we moved. I might reinstall that one on the PC I am using now. I will also try to contact some friends so they can teach me a thing or two about it.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is dota 2 easy to get in to?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived