This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is dota 2 easy to get in to?

#1TowerBooks3192Posted 3/8/2014 5:45:24 AM
I played dota 1 years back and it is after school at internet cafe's with some of my classmates. I would say that I was mediocre and I am not that good. I was wondering is Dota 2 easy to get in to and does knowing Dota 1 help?
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#2Hanlo_is_backPosted 3/8/2014 5:52:25 AM
didn't play the original, but DOTA2 isn't easy to get into at all. Expect to suck and be harassed by "pro" players. It's fun if you can get past that stage
---
It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum
#3AndnA3Posted 3/8/2014 6:14:08 AM
No.

Basics are pretty well explained, but things like warding, last hit and denies ( lot harder if you came from LoL ) and going on mid lane takes a while to learn.

Then there's the players. Some are good and pretty nice in general. But as always there's that crappy part of the community : flamers, feeders, trolling with skills or items ( Using Fissure to block your own teammates to using Force Staff to push your own carry to the enemy team, those things happens ) etc.

And as you could expect from Valve games, hats. Lots. Of. Hats. There's over 100 heroes each with at least 5 pieces of equips ( Which is pure cosmetics ). Weapons, armors, wards, custom HUD, announcers... Sometimes with unique animations or sounds. And you could make some money off selling these items/keys.

It's a great game, but really unforgiving for new players.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lw27acofEY1r4hl2fo1_500.jpg
#4TowerBooks3192(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2014 6:18:58 AM
AndnA3 posted...
No.

Basics are pretty well explained, but things like warding, last hit and denies ( lot harder if you came from LoL ) and going on mid lane takes a while to learn.

Then there's the players. Some are good and pretty nice in general. But as always there's that crappy part of the community : flamers, feeders, trolling with skills or items ( Using Fissure to block your own teammates to using Force Staff to push your own carry to the enemy team, those things happens ) etc.

And as you could expect from Valve games, hats. Lots. Of. Hats. There's over 100 heroes each with at least 5 pieces of equips ( Which is pure cosmetics ). Weapons, armors, wards, custom HUD, announcers... Sometimes with unique animations or sounds. And you could make some money off selling these items/keys.

It's a great game, but really unforgiving for new players.

Ok, I will give it a shot but I might go and ask to play with my old buddies. THey sunk 200+ hours on dota 2 so they could give me an advice. I will give it a shot though. I bet its gonna be as tough as CS:GO. I suck at these kind of game and I remember that I only genuinely enjoyed Chivalry since I feel like I had a fighting chance
---
#5AndnA3Posted 3/8/2014 6:30:20 AM
TowerBooks3192 posted...
Ok, I will give it a shot but I might go and ask to play with my old buddies. THey sunk 200+ hours on dota 2 so they could give me an advice. I will give it a shot though. I bet its gonna be as tough as CS:GO. I suck at these kind of game and I remember that I only genuinely enjoyed Chivalry since I feel like I had a fighting chance

Playing Warcraft campaigns will help a lot if you want to put some time to the game. Microing is important and the campaign missions has a lot of that.

That and since DOTA 2's bots sucked hard you might want to try to download the AI maps for WC3 too. They have a much better bots, far more precise in last hitting and denying and also really aggressive with constant harass.

This is the guide that most people recommend for new players : http://www.purgegamers.com/welcome-to-dota-you-suck

( Don't get fooled by the title, it's actually a serious guide )
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lw27acofEY1r4hl2fo1_500.jpg
#6TowerBooks3192(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2014 6:54:33 AM
AndnA3 posted...
TowerBooks3192 posted...

Playing Warcraft campaigns will help a lot if you want to put some time to the game. Microing is important and the campaign missions has a lot of that.

That and since DOTA 2's bots sucked hard you might want to try to download the AI maps for WC3 too. They have a much better bots, far more precise in last hitting and denying and also really aggressive with constant harass.

This is the guide that most people recommend for new players : http://www.purgegamers.com/welcome-to-dota-you-suck

( Don't get fooled by the title, it's actually a serious guide )

Cheers! I will give that a go and I reckon I didn't lost my WC3 battlechest when we moved. I might reinstall that one on the PC I am using now. I will also try to contact some friends so they can teach me a thing or two about it.
---