This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about what controller to use for PC(dark souls 2)

#11Ikari GendoPosted 3/8/2014 11:27:45 AM
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
If you're planning to only play modern games, get a 360 controller.

If you're also planning to play 2D or older emulated games, use a PS3 controller. The digital pad on the 360 controller is abysmal.

I find this to be good advice. I recommend the 360 for DaS2 since the d-pad doesn't have to be very precise for the game.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wdw64aHYXA
#12LoshadtPosted 3/8/2014 12:35:21 PM
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
Spoken like a true casual Xbot. The first game in the series (Demon Souls) and the controls were co-developed with Sony. But yeah, Sony co-developed an exclusive made for the 360 controller.

*rolleyes*

I can't even tell if you're being facetious or if you're actually s***posting this hard. If it's the former, please stop, sarcasm doesn't translate well through text. And if it's the latter, please stop, this forum has a minimum age requirement.

"made for it" is a figure of speech. A lot of people personally think the Xbox 360 controller is the best one for 3D games, and I'm not going to argue that point because it is definitely good. I prefer the PS3 controller though because the analog sticks on the 360 controller feel cheap and can't stay centered.
---
Remember to hug you're waifu.
#13Arsene-LupinPosted 3/8/2014 1:17:23 PM
I've had nothing but problems getting a Dualshock 3 to work with my PC. Eventually, I gave up. The logitech wireless controllers are absolute rubbish, so the only real option is an Xbox controller.

That said, the PS4 gamepad just feels... perfect, so if Sony ever releases official DS4 drivers, it'd be the one to get.
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."
#14j2_tha_macPosted 3/9/2014 10:52:07 AM
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
MELENTIA posted...
Your best bet is a wired Xbox 360 controller. The game is made for it.

Spoken like a true casual Xbot. The first game in the series (Demon Souls) and the controls were co-developed with Sony. But yeah, Sony co-developed an exclusive made for the 360 controller.

*rolleyes*

He meant the PC version was designed to be played with a 360 pad, idiot.