This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is the darkest game universe ever created?

#141LordcrabfoodPosted 3/8/2014 10:32:59 PM
Telltales Walking Dead
#142Kickle CubiclePosted 3/8/2014 10:41:17 PM
Sirerdrick posted...
Shocked to have only seen Deception mentioned once.
The point of the game is to set traps for people and murder them.
The more gruesome and clever the combo death sequence, the more points you get.
...can't wait to play the new one!!!

It's a pretty obscure series, unfortunately. New one looks great, though. I'm hyped for it.

Landojesus posted...
No mention of Nier? Wow...

Eh, I lump Nier in with the Drakengard series. Since it follows directly from one of Drakengard 1's alternate endings and all.
---
Now Playing: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS) - Deception III (PSX) -
Earth Defense Force 2025 (360) - Star Wars: Battlefront (Xbox)
#143SpaceAssassinPosted 3/8/2014 10:46:52 PM
Clouddx posted...
hell_tanuki posted...
Sir_Tmas posted...
BatmanVonDoom posted...
akuma634 posted...
I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream

After that I'd think you'd be hard pressed to find anything quite as bleak in gaming.

Look no ****ing further than this

---
Rad.
~~Official Gummi Ship of every KH board~~
#144me_prestonPosted 3/8/2014 10:47:59 PM
TsunamiRoar posted...
Drakengard. It's got it all.

Incest, paedophilia,, cannibalism, and giant grotesqueries (living statues shaped as babies) that devour people.,..Oh, and pretty much every ending is a buzzkill).

It's a toss up between Drakengard, Warhammer 40K, and I have no Mouth.
Out of all of it though Warhammer 40k isn't set in an alternate universe. The Lore of it includes us.
---
At least Kefka managed to rearrange the very planet and kill millions of people!Good for him!
college paid for by: OIF 03 OEF 05 OIF 08
#145SilentHawk29Posted 3/8/2014 10:58:49 PM
Since most the games I would have mentioned are already in this topic, I'm gonna throw out an oddball one.

Bravely Default.

Yeah, yeah, childish, cutesy visuals and such. But a lot of the bad guys are like, extreme. I'm only in chapter 3, and so far I've encountered two friends, little girls, kill each other over vanity (poison affecting their judgment), women being used as an ingredient for a perfume (there's also a movie like this titled Perfume, great movie), a greedy merchant, hired by the king, who charges obscene prices for water in a desert, and child mine workers who are used in place of canaries when venturing further into mines.
---
PSN - Srikar || Steam - SilentHawk29
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#146-5xad0w-Posted 3/8/2014 10:58:57 PM
Sinfullyvannila posted...
Yargitsu99z posted...
Warhammer 40k

There can be no other answer.

It's really dark, but mine is darker. The Cosmic Horror stuff is manageable in 40k.

Cosmic horror (i assume you mean Chaos, the Warp and perhaps the Star Gods) is only a fraction of the f***ed up stuff humanity has to face.

For that matter, humanity itself is just as likely to kill you as anything else.

The only reason anyone manages to kick ass, much less stay alive more than a few weeks in the 40K universe is because "Everyone dies." makes for pretty poor set of rules for a tabletop game.
---
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven
#147xanthan1Posted 3/8/2014 11:15:20 PM(edited)
I like how the answer being given by most is the one that started as a PARODY of overly dark universes.

Also how is Planescape the darkest? I mean if your ONLY exposure is Planescape:Torment I guess I could see it, but outside of it it isn't that dark. Ravenloft on the other hand is quite literally the plane of dread. Like, the plane of fire is just that, a realm of fire and fire related things, Ravenloft is a realm made to **** you up and is essentially hell for its rulers.
#148bailer4lifePosted 3/8/2014 11:25:46 PM
JangoRain posted...
I always thought Half-life had a pretty depressing/dark universe, especially the opening of HL2 when you start in the slums of city 17.

Definitely half life 2, because it's the closest thing to a glimpse of our actual future.
---
Pokemon Y, FC: 0259 0388 1998. Safari type: normal.
#149YombieePosted 3/8/2014 11:35:26 PM
sanitarium
#150Dreamerboy99Posted 3/8/2014 11:37:47 PM
Binding of Isaac

It's a boy trying to kill his mother. How could it be more dark?