This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is the darkest game universe ever created?

#151BloodychessPosted 3/8/2014 11:39:39 PM
bailer4life posted...
JangoRain posted...
I always thought Half-life had a pretty depressing/dark universe, especially the opening of HL2 when you start in the slums of city 17.

Definitely half life 2, because it's the closest thing to a glimpse of our actual future.

Suicide is probably the best solution if headcrabs go anywhere near humanities future.
---
Derp
#152KobraXZPosted 3/9/2014 12:04:50 AM(edited)
Going to agree with Warhammer 40k.

The setting itself is bleak and miserable.
There are no heroes--unless you pay a price in limbs or sanity.
War is constant.
Motivations are questionable.
#153robert022614Posted 3/9/2014 12:11:16 AM
Devil's Tuning fork.... so dark
#154SandOnMyBootPosted 3/9/2014 12:15:30 AM
Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne
---
Glad Superman 64 was the third best-selling Nintendo 64 title upon release and was a success. Supporting risk-takers and change is how the industry grows.
#155me_prestonPosted 3/9/2014 12:20:51 AM
Landojesus posted...
No mention of Nier? Wow...

That's all I got right now. But forgetting Nier guys? C'mon...Game is so dark.

Nier is part of drakengard.
nier is from the E ending of drakengard
---
At least Kefka managed to rearrange the very planet and kill millions of people!Good for him!
college paid for by: OIF 03 OEF 05 OIF 08
#156SliceSabrePosted 3/9/2014 12:50:03 AM
I'd argue for the Warhammer 40k universe. That would be a horrible universe to live in. Hell whenever they have wars and battles the death toll is not counted in hundreds, thousands or even millions but billion of people dead.

Your very own generals and commanders may decide to wipe out your entire planet not because you are all rebels but a few hundreds people on it are considered heretics so the whole planet is damned innocent and guilty alike.

There is now positive about living in the 40k universe except for the fact people can live for hundreds or even thousands of years now due to high technology
---
"I simply do what is necessary to win."
Gamertag: SliceSabre
#157ObsidusPosted 3/9/2014 12:56:23 AM
SliceSabre posted...
I'd argue for the Warhammer 40k universe. That would be a horrible universe to live in. Hell whenever they have wars and battles the death toll is not counted in hundreds, thousands or even millions but billion of people dead.

Your very own generals and commanders may decide to wipe out your entire planet not because you are all rebels but a few hundreds people on it are considered heretics so the whole planet is damned innocent and guilty alike.

There is now positive about living in the 40k universe except for the fact people can live for hundreds or even thousands of years now due to high technology

This, Warhammer 40k is the only proper answer.
---
Cultivating an immunity to rebuttal is not a substitute for being correct.
#158mayu780Posted 3/9/2014 3:07:54 AM
Obsidus posted...
SliceSabre posted...

but in "i have no mouth but i must scream", there are only 5 people left and they are kept alive to be tortured forever...
#159SinfullyvannilaPosted 3/9/2014 8:56:29 AM
-5xad0w- posted...
Sinfullyvannila posted...
Yargitsu99z posted...
Warhammer 40k

There can be no other answer.

It's really dark, but mine is darker. The Cosmic Horror stuff is manageable in 40k.

Cosmic horror (i assume you mean Chaos, the Warp and perhaps the Star Gods) is only a fraction of the f***ed up stuff humanity has to face.

For that matter, humanity itself is just as likely to kill you as anything else.

The only reason anyone manages to kick ass, much less stay alive more than a few weeks in the 40K universe is because "Everyone dies." makes for pretty poor set of rules for a tabletop game.

A violent death is generally better than you can hope for in the Cthulhu mythos.
---
Friend Code 3050-7626-8586 Abra/Sigilyph/Gothorita FS, PM me for FS trades.
#160xanthan1Posted 3/9/2014 11:07:25 AM(edited)
Obsidus posted...
SliceSabre posted...

I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream has humanity already dead outside a small handful who exists to do nothing but be playthings for the computer that ended the world.

40K is only the proper answer if you don't know other things. Yes, it's dark, but isn't literally hopeless with no possible way to ever get better. Darker things exist.