This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does it matter which slots i put the RAM in?

#11my_name_is_EdPosted 3/8/2014 12:52:43 PM
Lol @ thinking instructions are stupid.

****ing kids these days
---
http://i.imgur.com/cSf50Qs.png
#12HarryMaySin(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2014 12:53:09 PM
the instructions dont recommend anything.... it says dual channel ddr3 2100 and thats pretty much it...
#13HarryMaySin(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2014 12:54:15 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#14Orestes417Posted 3/8/2014 12:54:58 PM
Seriously. Just because something is common practice one should never assume that it's the only way of doing things. The only reliable ways to know for sure are reading the fine manual (which I damn well hope none of us are going to do for you) or trial and error.
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#15PhilOnDezPosted 3/8/2014 12:55:07 PM
Cllerj posted...
Instructions are put in the box for a reason. Had I read them when I was first building my PC it would have saved a few hours of fighting with it.

Hehe, I'd have been better off if my mobo hadn't come with a manual and instead just had a slip pointing me to the online PDF version that I ended up using. The manual was so cheaply printed that the layout pictures were worthless, they were just black and white pictures, no greyscale. I finally gave up and googled my mobos manual, it was a full color high res version of what they'd printed out.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#16aak57Posted 3/8/2014 12:55:39 PM
What is your motherboard? I would be really surprised if its manual didn't say "put the first two sticks in the same color slot" or whatever.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
#17b3cuPosted 3/8/2014 12:55:40 PM
roar.
---
Intel i5-2450M | Intel HD 3000 | 6gb DDR3 | 1tb HDD | Win7 64
#18pothocketPosted 3/8/2014 12:59:21 PM
HarryMaySin posted...
pothocket posted...
Please read the instructions that came with your motherboard.

k thx bro good post helped a lot.

/facepalm

You don't deserve to build you own PC. Stick to consoles.
#19HarryMaySin(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2014 1:03:05 PM
pothocket posted...
HarryMaySin posted...
pothocket posted...

/facepalm

uMAD that ive built like 5 custom computers in the past 10 years? every one of them was a beast regardless of how i put the RAM into the motherboard.... lol yeah uMAD

and im building a new pc today.

you know.... gonna drop like 2 grand on a dope pc.. and yeah i have ps4 and xbone also mane life is grand
#20pothocketPosted 3/8/2014 1:06:06 PM(edited)
HarryMaySin posted...
pothocket posted...
HarryMaySin posted...
pothocket posted...

/facepalm

uMAD that ive built like 5 custom computers in the past 10 years? every one of them was a beast regardless of how i put the RAM into the motherboard.... lol yeah uMAD

and im building a new pc today.

you know.... gonna drop like 2 grand on a dope pc.. and yeah i have ps4 and xbone also mane life is grand

LOL, yeah I'm mad at the guy that builds custom computers but doesn't know how to install RAM or how important it is reading the motherboard manual. I'm starting to think your ignorant behavior is just an act and this is some type of weird troll attempt (at least I hope it is)