This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can someone who's beaten XCOM: Enemy Unknown tell me if the game addresses....

#1Arsene-LupinPosted 3/8/2014 1:15:52 PM
...The fact that the "alien invasion" involves isolate small squads of footsoldiers, with no ground armor, air forces, or spaceship? I just can't get into the game because the premise is so wildly implausible.
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."
#2calcyclePosted 3/8/2014 1:23:35 PM(edited)
There are air forces that shoot down the space ships so you can invade them on foot, but it's relegated to a mini game.

You also get mini tanks to help you out, but you gotta remember that.
1. You still want to collect their tech, so doing bombing runs and the like would be detrimental
2. Machines can't be psychic dood.
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
Steam: Albatrossing
#3GranQroppoopPosted 3/8/2014 1:46:18 PM
They do explain it.

They are not trying to kill people so they can take Earth's resources, they want to capture people to experiment on.
---
Any last one-liners before I go ape on you? - Hoss Delgado
Mmm, toast some marshmallows for me too Mailman.- Chris Paul
#4LB3Posted 3/8/2014 3:46:40 PM(edited)
Yes it does. They have a reason for not wanting to destory humans.
---
PSN: Bwleon7 Steam: bwleon79
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. -Albert Einstein
#5GynthaeresPosted 3/8/2014 3:55:42 PM
One of the characters in the game even comments that, if the aliens were really intent on conquering Earth, based on what you've seen, there wouldn't be much humans could do to stop them.

And so, much of the game's story/mystery is figuring out what it is, exactly, that the aliens want, since they obviously aren't just trying to outright take Earth.
---
The sole purpose of this space is to make my post look longer.