This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for a new game!

#1epicmatchchampPosted 3/8/2014 2:19:42 PM
So I finally have a pc capable of playing real games! I am wondering what game I should get from steam and I would love a good rpg that isn't skyrim. I noticed they have the Arkham games and witcher 2 on there. I am just curious what game you guys would recommend.
---
*Nod*- Minato (Persona 3 main character)
GT:Urshado0
#2pitt12177Posted 3/8/2014 2:21:04 PM
Witcher 2 is a good start if you're interested. Starts a little slow but picks up.
#3thatauthorPosted 3/8/2014 2:59:40 PM
Trine has level mechianic, though the game isn't an RPG per se. It's also like 99 cents on steam right now. the sequel is 2.99 i think and comes with all of the DLC.

you should also look into indie bundles. They get you a bunch of games for really cheap. Some bundles(like some of the Groupees ones) give you either other stuff(like music, comics or ebooks), or a combination of two or more of each category. Though sometimes they have andriod bundles(at least Humble Bundle does. not sure about iOS games). For example:

Bundle stars(9 games for $3.50):
http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/fusion-bundle/

Groupees(4 games and a bunch of music for $1)
http://groupees.com/clash1

Some bundles(like Groupees and Humble Bundle) have unlockables or mystery games. Groupees usually one at a time once a tier(usually by total sales or bundles bought) is unlocked. HB unlocks it after a set amount of time is passed(i believe a week). At least HB used to do that.
---
Leave it to the atheist to have to explain a religious joke... ~ RaptorLC
#4SienrurouniPosted 3/8/2014 8:27:19 PM
Get Mount and Blade Warband. You'll thank me.

It's an open world rpg where you can play as a vassal in one of several king's armies and/or start up on your own and try to take over the world. It's awesome and addicting.
---
"You may not believe this, but I was once a remarkable man,"
-Denny Crane
#5Benjamin_ButtonPosted 3/8/2014 8:28:36 PM
TITANFALL
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
Macbook Pro Retina i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz | Nvidia 650m 1GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 750GB Flash Storage
#6TowerBooks3192Posted 3/8/2014 8:40:09 PM
Sienrurouni posted...
Get Mount and Blade Warband. You'll thank me.

It's an open world rpg where you can play as a vassal in one of several king's armies and/or start up on your own and try to take over the world. It's awesome and addicting.

This

and as I always say, get this and come back to us after a thousand hours then we will start talking about mods which would give you a thousand hours more.

My other suggestion is Civilization V
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#7iXCeeDPosted 3/8/2014 8:45:30 PM
A Good RPG that is non-Skyrim looks like you grew up with final fantasy games and other handheld, console RPG. I would say Kingdoms of Amalur but there are a lot of dull moments but has a good skill system. The Divinity Games has good storytelling, and you may want to check Dishonored. And there are a lot of indie games that are good if that's your thing
#8MELENTIAPosted 3/8/2014 10:10:03 PM
Dark Souls all day.