This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How well does Space Marine represent the Warhammer 40K universe?

#1TheC0ndemnedOnePosted 3/8/2014 4:48:42 PM
I've been interested in the 40K universe for a while, but Dawn of War and the tabletop games don't interest me so I haven't gotten into it. Shooters are nice, though. Is Space Marine all right?
---
Steam: Sydite
#2dementedlullabyPosted 3/8/2014 4:54:39 PM
Aside from a few liberties (a bolt pistol with unlimited ammo is hilarious considering the size of bolt rounds, never heard of the Vengeance Launcher before) for gameplay Relic is pretty faithful to the 40k universe. Space Marine is a decent 40k story and most importantly very fun.

I am a 40k fanatic and enjoyed it. The multiplayer was pretty fun too. CSM vs. SM is always good fun. Exterminatus mode is good too, just fun mass slaughter. Chainsword feels right.
---
XBL/PSN/NNID/Steam:DementedLullaby Origin:DL8286
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#3r7gerrabbitPosted 3/8/2014 4:58:07 PM
You're a Space Marine killing hordes and hordes of Orks. I'd say it's pretty faithful. Just don't expect a very "deep" game. It's a fun and gory killfest that feels like WH40K.
---
Sig.
#4pothocketPosted 3/8/2014 5:03:34 PM
Space Hulk was pretty fun (if difficult) but that's turn based, not an action game.

It is an interesting asymmetrical 2 player boardgame but unfortunately there's no AI for the marines so you can only play the alien side of the campaign if you're playing against a real opponent.