This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ways to make vanilla Fallout New Vegas less of a cakewalk?

#11Brutal_Felix(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2014 5:25:48 PM
SaltyBotz posted...
The earliest level I took down a deathclaw was level 10, and I had uber implants and gear, and I still had to use items to survive one attack before I smashed its brains out with a VATS melee attack. 2 death claws was a no-go, and there are frequently areas where as many as 3 can aggro at once. Death claws can own you like a school girl in prison. I don't even think TC even played New Vegas very far.

Melee builds are also harder, because it requires you get up close and personal, instead of being weak and sniping from a distance with an OP energy rifle.

I killed like 5 deathclaws at like level 8 above Primm. Heights+Guns=GG sure I think I wasted 200+ .308 rounds and like 2 hrs of my life but I did it.

And btw level ten is like less than 6 hrs in. And you just took down the most feared creature in the wasteland. I think you're proving my point more and more.
---
Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.4Ghz // ASRock Z77 Extreme4 // Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970
Samsung 840 Pro Series 256 GB // Ripjaws X Series 8 GB // Razer DeathAdder 2013
#12SaltyBotzPosted 3/8/2014 5:30:31 PM
Brutal_Felix posted...
SaltyBotz posted...
The earliest level I took down a deathclaw was level 10, and I had uber implants and gear, and I still had to use items to survive one attack before I smashed its brains out with a VATS melee attack. 2 death claws was a no-go, and there are frequently areas where as many as 3 can aggro at once. Death claws can own you like a school girl in prison. I don't even think TC even played New Vegas very far.

Melee builds are also harder, because it requires you get up close and personal, instead of being weak and sniping from a distance with an OP energy rifle.

I killed like 5 deathclaws at like level 8 above Primm. Heights+Guns=GG sure I think I wasted 200+ .308 rounds and like 2 hrs of my life but I did it.

And btw level ten is like less than 6 hrs in. And you just took down the most feared creature in the wasteland. I think you're proving my point more and more.

The death claws I took down were quick fights, they either owned me quick or I owned them quick. It was a mix-maxed level 10 build. But I still couldn't enter a cave full of death claws and come out alive. I'd pick a lone one off out in the wasteland somewhere. To melee multiple death claws head on takes a very powerful build, and well leveled.
#13-5xad0w-Posted 3/8/2014 7:00:34 PM
Get really, really drunk.

It's certainly made my marriage more challenging.
---
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven
#14staticxtreme5Posted 3/8/2014 7:17:48 PM
Yeah deathclaws are a nightmare early on. Those damn flies or w/e they are also rape me regularly early on as well. Of course they usually travel in groups.
#15PhilOnDezPosted 3/8/2014 8:51:08 PM
I have way more trouble with Cazadors than I do deathclaws, even with a melee build on the deathclaws and using whatever on the Cazadors. If I put the time in to make a ton of antivenom it might not be so bad but I'll take the deathclaws any day. My Gehenna rips them apart.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#16Knighted DragonPosted 3/8/2014 8:53:13 PM
Mods, and don't use VATS. Vats is literally easy mode for the Fallout games, I don't know why people even use it unless they just want the game to be stupidly easy.
---
Matthew 7:21
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg
#17Damaged7Posted 3/9/2014 12:55:11 AM
Knighted Dragon posted...
Mods, and don't use VATS. Vats is literally easy mode for the Fallout games, I don't know why people even use it unless they just want the game to be stupidly easy.

Or its fun?
---
Bold Text
#18akuma634Posted 3/9/2014 1:09:10 AM
I don't get the people that don't use VATS. Targeted shots were around since Fallout 1. Just go play some random FPS game instead. Also if you want the game to be super masosocitcally hard then just use the cheats to give yourself 1's in every stat and give yourself 1 HP then never save your game.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634
#19Brutal_Felix(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2014 10:07:06 AM
akuma634 posted...
I don't get the people that don't use VATS. Targeted shots were around since Fallout 1. Just go play some random FPS game instead. Also if you want the game to be super masosocitcally hard then just use the cheats to give yourself 1's in every stat and give yourself 1 HP then never save your game.

I don't want it terribly hard. I also don't want it baby easy. Is that so wrong?
---
Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.4Ghz // ASRock Z77 Extreme4 // Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970
Samsung 840 Pro Series 256 GB // Ripjaws X Series 8 GB // Razer DeathAdder 2013
#20SnadadosPosted 3/9/2014 10:17:32 AM
Walk out of Doc's house.
Turn north.
Hold W.
Good luck.
---
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?