This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Titanfall on PC

#1TheFeralWarriorPosted 3/8/2014 10:29:18 PM
Does this game have staying power? I played the beta, loved it, and already have the final version pre-loaded and ready for the 11th. However, there are over 2000 topics on the Xbone boards and not even 400 on the PC ones. Is this a sign of things to come? I really hope it sticks around for a while.
---
Follow the buzzards!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb_R6vHUB4w
#2wizardmonPosted 3/8/2014 10:31:50 PM
To be fair, the Xbox one (2003) has such few games that of course their boards will get more traffic. There are many other things for PC users to discuss.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#3ThePCElitistPosted 3/8/2014 10:33:58 PM(edited)
Like most games it will probably hang around a 5-10k playerbase and never expand. Very few games on the PC ever get tons of players. Unless it's

1. Counter Strike
2. Battlefield
3. MMORPG
#4frenzzzy07Posted 3/8/2014 10:45:38 PM
Users usually migrate to the more popular board, and there isn't much to talk about until the game is released.
---
Member of the stop complaining about everything in the game that can kill you just because you suck Club.
#5SlaynPosted 3/9/2014 3:10:03 AM
It's a console shooter. Like Call of Duty, it will be dead on PC.
---
You can spend $400 on a console and $400 on a cheap PC, or you can spend $800 to build your own and have the best of both worlds.
#6AsellusPosted 3/9/2014 3:52:29 AM
Not being on Steam definitely hurts its exposure. That being said I'm inclined to agree that X-Bone owners are probably a lot hungrier for a new shooter than pc gamers are.
#7Majoras_pantsPosted 3/9/2014 4:01:31 AM
PC gamers have a lot more to play. So unless the game is incredible like Counterstrike or Team Fortress 2, the game wont have as large of a community as a big console game.

Console gamers have less variety so they flock to a couple of big games every year.

But it'll have plenty of players. It's not like there will be 300 people playing the same people over and over again.
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
#8PhilOnDezPosted 3/9/2014 5:22:37 AM
frenzzzy07 posted...
Users usually migrate to the more popular board, and there isn't much to talk about until the game is released.

This is a big part too. I know I never made or even posted in a topic on the ME3 pc board, I spent all my time on the 360 board.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#9zak234Posted 3/9/2014 5:39:50 AM(edited)
PC games didn't get GTA V because they don't behave like console gamers. They aren't into real pc gaming. They are playing cheap games like Counter Strike with keyboard. Rockstar was right.

Console gamers who became PC gamers ( strong ) > PC gamers who became PC gamers ( poor )

Console gamers who became PC gamers can save PC gaming.
#10DragonRaizenPosted 3/9/2014 6:01:59 AM
zak234 posted...
PC games didn't get GTA V because they don't behave like console gamers. They aren't into real pc gaming. They are playing cheap games like Counter Strike with keyboard. Rockstar was right.

Console gamers who became PC gamers ( strong ) > PC gamers who became PC gamers ( poor )

Console gamers who became PC gamers can save PC gaming.

I'm okay with you trolling, but please don't troll stupidly. We're trying to mantain a minimum... scratch that... bare minimum level of intelligence in this board and you're not helping.
---
-FREEZE!
-I'm a robot, not your refrigerator.
Marvin