This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It amuses me that since XP and now into 8.1, Windows STILL...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. It amuses me that since XP and now into 8.1, Windows STILL...
2 years ago#1
... won't let you drag certain short-cuts from the desktop onto the task bar, like Control Panel and "Run", yet it allows you to drag most everything else, including cmd (Command Prompt).

Inb4gladuramused, coolstorybro and onlypeasantsuseGUIs.
2 years ago#2
Actually Control Panel can be pinned on the Taskbar.
15.4" Retina MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) | Node 304 mITX | Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI | Intel Core i5-4670K | Asus GTX 760 | Corsair 1x8GB | EVGA 600W | 120+64GB SSDs
2 years ago#3
You're right, in Metro.
2 years ago#4
Ningishzida posted...
You're right, in Metro.

I can do it in win 7 so no idea what your talking about.
2 years ago#5
*Is on WinXP and can drag control panel and run to quick launch (if that is what you meant by "dragging to taskbar") without any issues whatsoever.
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
2 years ago#6
Mmm, ok.

Control Panel short-cut can't be dragged to Task Bar in W8 (Command Prompt works, Run doesn't). Maybe there is another way other than right-clicking CP in Metro and telling it to pin to Task Bar, but I can't see it.

Weird that some work and some don't. I remember this being the case in 7, too.
2 years ago#7
What bothers me the most is if you pin a specific folder to quick-launch it always just opens the file.explorer to the default spot, not the one you pinned. You still have to right-click the icon to access the one you pinned.
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. It amuses me that since XP and now into 8.1, Windows STILL...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived