This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Linux officially f***ing sucks.

#1R0N1N187Posted 3/9/2014 3:17:46 AM
Its okay for regular web browsing, but when it comes to connecting your devices like your iPod or android there is literally no program that can substitute it. I've tried amorak, rhythymbox, clementine, gtkpod, banshee, etc. and none of them work. Banshee asked me if I wanted to delete my playlist because I was trying it sync it. I click no. I check my ipod and my playlist disappears and everything got moved to the song section as one whole playlist. Just wow. Then when I'm trying to sync my android, it wont detect anything. I've searched and searched and it seems a lot of people have problems with it. Dont even get me started on the games... linux is VERY limited to the games section.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Ie4dx.gif
http://i.imgur.com/Ef88B.gif
#2Benjamin_ButtonPosted 3/9/2014 3:29:02 AM
Yesterday was Thursday, Today is Friday, Tomorrow is Saturday and Sunday comes afterwards..
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
Macbook Pro Retina i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz | Nvidia 650m 1GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 750GB Flash Storage
#3JavelinPosted 3/9/2014 3:32:02 AM
PEBKAC
---
MSI Z77A-GD55 | Intel Core i7-3770K | Kingston HyperX 8GB | EVGA GeForce GTX 680 4GB
#4DragonRaizenPosted 3/9/2014 4:50:30 AM
I don't think you understand the meaning of "officially"
---
-FREEZE!
-I'm a robot, not your refrigerator.
Marvin
#5wizardmonPosted 3/9/2014 4:59:14 AM
DragonRaizen posted...
officially

Javelin posted...
PEBKAC

---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#6skychanPosted 3/9/2014 5:00:51 AM
wizardmon posted...
DragonRaizen posted...
officially

Javelin posted...
PEBKAC

lol
---
"I will thanks BlackEmac64 4ever" -skychan
#7Tekken9292Posted 3/9/2014 5:04:04 AM
It's still years from now until Linux will become a standard, if it will ever.
---
PSN ID: TekkenDevil9292
If it ain't broke... they'll break it.
#8r7gerrabbitPosted 3/9/2014 5:14:38 AM(edited)
Javelin posted...
PEBKAC

This.

Yes, some things take a little more work and research. But aside from gaming everything should work.
Hell, Linux is where I prefer to write Android apps... So don't go around saying Android doesn't work. Because it does, and it does very well.

For gaming I use Steam. I can render the game on my Windows desktop and stream it to my Linux laptop using Steam in-home streaming.

---
Sig.
#9New LinkPosted 3/9/2014 6:24:25 AM
Your problem is most definitely PEBKAC. I would tell you exactly what you need to do to get your android device working, but given your tone I'd rather not.

I do have to ask though, why do you like to use android if you don't like linux? Android IS linux.
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#10KillerzOverHerePosted 3/9/2014 6:26:04 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]