This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Graphics in Titanfall are not that bad, at least the new maps

#31ClouddxPosted 3/10/2014 9:05:57 AM(edited)
Obtik posted...
Clouddx posted...
Obtik posted...
Bazooka_Penguin posted...
Obtik posted...
Too bad in true PC fashion everyone with a brain will run on low settings to avoid input lag. gonna look somewhat similiar to the bone version just like bf4 does.

Graphical features aren't inherently tied to input lag, barring V-sync, if you count it as a graphical feature... As long as you get a sufficiently high FPS you shouldn't encounter any problems.

Theoretically, maybe, except that they are. Thats why all comp players play on low-medium settings and even sometimes 720p.
Ultra settings especially give some input lag

No they don't, and comp players play on lower settings for a visual advantage. And using a lower resolution makes for easier headshots, it has nothing to do with input lag.

lelelelel yes post processing and and hbao and all that has NO effect on input lag. So true. Please everyone use these settings if you're on the other team.

The lag when using these is more a result of the performance hit, not the settings. If you're hitting 120fps with max settings you're not going to get less input lag by turning these off.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#32-CJF-Posted 3/10/2014 9:09:18 AM
Regardless, it's not like the average gamer will be using low settings to gain a few millisecond advantage. The tradeoff is not worth it. It might make sense if you are a professional player who is being paid to perform, but otherwise, no.
#33TropicMoon10Posted 3/10/2014 9:16:12 AM
The game looks better than CoD Ghosts to me. That ''next gen leap'' in visuals with a new engine was a joke.
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#34Bazooka_PenguinPosted 3/10/2014 9:32:53 AM(edited)
SinisterSlay posted...
Bazooka_Penguin posted...
Obtik posted...
Too bad in true PC fashion everyone with a brain will run on low settings to avoid input lag. gonna look somewhat similiar to the bone version just like bf4 does.

Graphical features aren't inherently tied to input lag, barring V-sync, if you count it as a graphical feature... As long as you get a sufficiently high FPS you shouldn't encounter any problems.

Don't think I've ever noticed input lag until around 5fps.
Until that point your mouse operates at a higher priority so it always gets first dibs on the CPU.

I definitely notice input lag in games like BF4 and Crysis 3 if FPS drops below 60. Even at 60 capped I still think it's a little sluggish at times compared to uncapped. I don't know what the deal is but sometimes I think that they link input updates to framerates.
---
Deth Pen
http://i.imgur.com/eMXgU.gif
#35runromPosted 3/10/2014 9:40:54 AM
As long as the game is fun, graphics are secondary for me.
---
MBP 2009 | i5 3570k @ 4.4ghz | AMD 7870 | PS Vita | Nintendo 3DS | HP Touchpad
Now part of the 500 posts club.
#36g7g7g7g7Posted 3/10/2014 9:52:34 AM
Xeeh_Blitz, can you let us know what % GPU usage to get that 60fps @ highest settings and what the VRam usage is.
---
"You know what's most annoying about hearing neighbors having sex?,
When it's too quiet*" - Umbongo
#37Xeeh_Bitz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2014 9:55:40 AM(edited)
g7g7g7g7 posted...
Xeeh_Blitz, can you let us know what % GPU usage to get that 60fps @ highest settings and what the VRam usage is.

Vram is 3,000 something, not sure of my gpu usage, I don't have that enabled on my OSD but I will next time I get in a game.(It is boosting the card to its normal boost tho, so its probably over 80% usage if I were to guess)
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#38ThePCElitistPosted 3/10/2014 9:57:05 AM
runrom posted...
As long as the game is fun, graphics are secondary for me.

That's nice and all but it still doesn't change the fact that graphics help make games more entertaining and stimulating.

inb4 irrelevant comparison to how he likes classic games because they focused on game play before graphics
#39SuperSuikodenPosted 3/10/2014 10:12:04 AM
TheWarhammeronl posted...
No way!

I would believe it if that was the 360 version, no way that's the Xbone.

---
1 line break(s), 160 characters allowed
#40ClouddxPosted 3/10/2014 10:15:21 AM
SuperSuikoden posted...
TheWarhammeronl posted...
No way!

I would believe it if that was the 360 version, no way that's the Xbone.

Why? thought the XB1 was supposed to be a huge leap in graphics? roflz
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S