This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are "next gen" only games gonna have 360 pad support?

#1protools1983Posted 3/9/2014 9:10:08 PM
Will games exclusive to the XBO, PS4 and PC going to have 360 pad support on the PC? The XBO driver won't be out for sometime so in the mean time I wonder what will happen.
---
Xbox One - The console that made me the PC gamer I am today.
Yah like dahgs?
#2SlaynPosted 3/9/2014 9:12:47 PM
Don't most games have controller support?
---
You can spend $400 on a console and $400 on a cheap PC, or you can spend $800 to build your own and have the best of both worlds.
#3protools1983(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2014 9:15:32 PM
Are you understanding what I'm asking here? Why would a developer put in 360 pad support on a game that is not on the 360 but is on PC? Yes, it would be nice if they did but it doesn't guarantee this would happen.
---
Yah like dahgs?
#4protools1983(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2014 9:16:09 PM
Maybe it'll be like a "Games for Windows Live" feature.
---
Yah like dahgs?
#5PhilOnDezPosted 3/9/2014 9:21:34 PM(edited)
The games aren't programmed for the 360 controller. They're designed to support the X-input standard and any x-input controller will work with them. This will include the xbone controller when the driver is released, as well as any of Logitech's modern pads and new ones they may release.

Barring them releasing an X-input 1.1 or 2.0 or something that the 360 controller just doesn't work with there's no reason that they'll stop being supported.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#6protools1983(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2014 9:25:47 PM
Had no idea there was a controller standard, learn something new everyday.
---
Yah like dahgs?
#7PhilOnDezPosted 3/9/2014 9:30:13 PM
Another fun fact about controller standards, prior to X-input most controllers used D-input. That's what the PS3/4 controllers use and why they don't work on modern games without workarounds like the X-input wrappers but will work on older titles.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
#8DV8ingSourcesPosted 3/9/2014 9:31:14 PM
I also think the 360 layout for icons is here to stay for at least a little while. Would be nice if devs allowed for differing icon sets but that's asking a lot for something pretty minor. Microsoft more or less made the 360 pad the standard controller for windows.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#9PhilOnDezPosted 3/9/2014 9:33:47 PM
I held (and loved) an xbone controller and it felt just like the logical improvement over the 360 controller. I didn't really look at it though, did they change it from AXBY? If not, I figure that layout will last at least another decade.
---
#10protools1983(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2014 9:36:01 PM
I've never held an XBO controller but I've heard good things and it's always been the only thing about the XBO that interests me. Once that driver drops I will def be purchasing one. Microsoft knows how to make a controller.
---
Yah like dahgs?