This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Logitech Accessories are DotD today on Amazon...

#11kill2thisPosted 3/10/2014 8:55:00 AM
Monkeymage posted...
Really close to pulling the trigger on the G27.

For a decent wheel, shifter and pedals for $200 you can't really go wrong, if you feel the need to upgrade you can always use the pedals with a different wheel (needs a bodnar cable) or upgrade the pedals themselves (Nixim/ARC/Gteye)
#12Killah PriestPosted 3/10/2014 8:59:38 AM
I don't care how awesome it is, 200 dollars for a racing wheel is insane.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#13KillerTrufflePosted 3/10/2014 9:24:07 AM
That G27 is going to be hard to find for much cheaper. If I hadn't already accounted for my disposable funds this paycheck, I'd totally be grabbing that. Makes me sad I'm going to miss that price.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#14kill2thisPosted 3/10/2014 9:44:03 AM
Killah Priest posted...
I don't care how awesome it is, 200 dollars for a racing wheel is insane.

$200 is pretty much at the lower end of the scale.
#15Killah PriestPosted 3/10/2014 9:48:29 AM

still doesn't make it any less insane IMO, but hey whatever people want to spend their money on thats their business.
---
#16KillerTrufflePosted 3/10/2014 9:48:31 AM
And keep in mind, you're getting a 6-speed with a clutch - a lot of wheels you get *just* the wheel with paddle shifters, and pedals are separate, and pedals often have only gas and brake.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#17Fargoth272Posted 3/10/2014 9:48:56 AM
I also own the G710+ and it's amazing if you don't mind large keyboards and you want MX Brown switches. (My favorite.) The back light is adjustable and can be completely turned off. WASD light up separately from the rest of the keys.

When I was buying it reviewers warned me that the biggest problem was the LEDs going out. Construction is very good.
---
8s7dfz32xc0v62x0
#18kill2thisPosted 3/10/2014 10:10:31 AM
Killah Priest posted...

still doesn't make it any less insane IMO, but hey whatever people want to spend their money on thats their business.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm sure there's things you spend money on that would be ridiculous to me. But if there's anyone in the market for a good wheel package they could do a lot worse than a G27, and they'd definitely struggle to get anything better even from the used market.
#19Killah PriestPosted 3/10/2014 10:13:58 AM
I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm sure there's things you spend money on that would be ridiculous to me.

Ohh indeed there are tons of things that I spend money on that would be considered ridiculous, just wanted to clarify that I wasn't judging anyone for wanting or owning said wheel because it could easily be interpreted as so.
---
#20MonkeymagePosted 3/10/2014 10:19:13 AM
All right, I buckled and ordered the G27. Now all I have to do is build a little stand for it that I can use when I'm sitting on the couch.
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI