This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you ever been unexpectedly addicted to a game?

#1bluemooglePosted 3/10/2014 10:15:35 AM
I bought Europa Universalis 4 on a whim, and it's all I play now. Hell, I think about it while at work. I can't remember the last time I was this addicted to a game, besides maybe SimCity 4 when I was a kid.

Help me :-(
---
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
#2Killah PriestPosted 3/10/2014 10:16:28 AM
You're ok you don't need help quite yet!

You might be thinking about it while at work but thats a lot better than not going to work just to play said game.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#3CllerjPosted 3/10/2014 10:19:18 AM
Dark Souls
---
PSN-cllerj
Official Midroller of the Dark Souls boards
#4ClouddxPosted 3/10/2014 10:23:09 AM
Psychological addictions are for the weak.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#5maybecallsPosted 3/10/2014 10:24:54 AM
Mount and Blade Warband.

Impulse bought the boxed version in December 2011 for 0.98 from a GAME store closing down sale, along with some other cheap games. Knew nothing about the game, and it lay uninstalled for two months. Finally got around to installing it, and had to install Steam at the same time (never used it before then). Flash forward two years.......... Still addicted to it. 893 hours racked up, accordng to Steam.

The first thing I bought off Steam was the M & B Napoleonic Wars DLC.

It's almost single handedly kept me interested n gamng.
#6KingDFizzlePosted 3/10/2014 10:38:04 AM
Tropico 4. I love being El Presidente.
#7KillerTrufflePosted 3/10/2014 10:42:57 AM
DOTA 2. I read tons of bad things about the community, and lots of ridicule about the game, so I expected to hate it. And the community *is* pretty bad... but I actually just play around with practice vs. bots either solo or with some friends, and at this point, it's actually my highest played game. I still go back to it constantly, even while playing other games.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#8steveboblarryPosted 3/10/2014 10:47:15 AM
Cllerj posted...
Dark Souls

---
IceJFish is the next drake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq_d8VSM0nw
#9DaedalusExPosted 3/10/2014 11:35:45 AM
Monster Hunter Tri for the Wii. I had never played a Monster Hunter before, didn't know what the series was about. Started it up, and the game had me gathering mushrooms and ****. I thought, "well this isn't going to last long." Then I fought my first monster...
#10Ratchet611Posted 3/10/2014 11:45:16 AM
DaedalusEx posted...
Monster Hunter Tri for the Wii. I had never played a Monster Hunter before, didn't know what the series was about. Started it up, and the game had me gathering mushrooms and ****. I thought, "well this isn't going to last long." Then I fought my first monster...

Definitely this except I was playing MH3U on the 3DS. It was my very first Monster Hunter game and I only paid about 20$ for it since I didn't know what to expect. It was worth the full price. There is no better feeling in any video game whenever you kill a monster you've been struggling with in Monster Hunter.

Another one that I was unexpectedly addicted to was Terraria. First time I played it, I only played it for 10 minutes before I got bored of it. Went back to it after playing it with my cousin and have been hooked ever since.
---
PC: FX-6100 | 8GB Patriot Gamer | HD 6870
Playing: Killing Floor(PC) Pokemon Y(3DS)