This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How long is a mouse and keyboard suppose to last?

#21mikewu1(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2014 1:17:08 AM
I got the CM Devastator Combo. Seems like Razer is pretty poor. My cousin has a deathadder, black widow and some razer headset. The mouse and keyboard for him has lasted more than a year but his mic on his headset crapped out in less than a year.
#22ClouddxPosted 3/11/2014 1:20:18 AM
mikewu1 posted...
I got the CM Devastator Combo. Seems like Razer is pretty poor. My cousin has a deathadder, black widow and some razer headset. The mouse and keyboard for him has lasted more than a year but his mic on his headset crapped out in less than a year.

Razer makes one good thing, the Deathadder.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#23TimePharaohPosted 3/11/2014 2:05:55 AM
Three weeks
#24_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 3/11/2014 2:21:06 AM(edited)
Depends on the quality of the peripheral. That goes for any peripheral you use for the PC. For example, I have a pair of Sony MDR V6 headphones that I have had literally since the 90's. They might be older than some people on this board. But the average headphone lasts you only 3-5 years with intensive use if you are lucky.

Same with keyboards. A mechanical keyboard has switches rated for 50 million clicks and they will not wear out anytime soon. You could use them for a decade if yo do not spill anything over it or do something else to accidentally destroy it. Rubber dome keyboards on the other hand vary in durability. You could be dealing with keys losing their responsiveness in only a couple of years.

Mice are way more likely to break though. If you have a good quality mouse, the shell is something that typically does not break. If there is a stress relief and no design issues than the cord will also not be a problem. The typical switches used are omron switches, which are rated for 5 (older models) to up to 20 million clicks (newer models). The thing that is most likely to fail in the design of the vast majority of mice is without a doubt the scroll wheel. If a mouse lasts more than 3 years with intensive use, that is a lot.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie EC1 Evo White | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#25Fade2black001Posted 3/11/2014 3:07:47 AM
I am using a 16 year old basic keyboard and it works perfectly fine. I am using a 10 year old mouse on top of that.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.