This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

are you getting Titanfall?

#31ThePCElitistPosted 3/10/2014 2:48:31 PM
KidInTheHall posted...
You have insulted my honor and integrity ThePCElitist. You shame yourself with your lies!

http://i.imgur.com/Q7asJ64.png

By the unspoken rules of PCH I hereby exercise my right to accuse ThePCElitist against crimes against a fellow PC gamer. I ask for a jury of his peers to judge him and deem him guilty!

http://puu.sh/7qGGX.gif
#32Brutal_FelixPosted 3/10/2014 2:48:48 PM
Lol Origin
---
Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.4Ghz // ASRock Z77 Extreme4 // Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970
Samsung 840 Pro Series 256 GB // Ripjaws X Series 8 GB // Razer DeathAdder 2013
#33KillerzOverHerePosted 3/10/2014 3:43:03 PM
ThePCElitist posted...
KidInTheHall posted...
You have insulted my honor and integrity ThePCElitist. You shame yourself with your lies!

By the unspoken rules of PCH I hereby exercise my right to accuse ThePCElitist against crimes against a fellow PC gamer. I ask for a jury of his peers to judge him and deem him guilty!

ThePCElitist, for you crimes against the fellow member of the PC master race, KidInTheHall, I sentence you to 5 years in eternal torment. It makes sense if you don't think about it.
---
We're trying to maintain a minimum... scratch that... the bare minimum level of intelligence on this board and you're not helping.
#34steveboblarryPosted 3/10/2014 3:52:02 PM
When EA has a deal in like 2 months , for 30.00
---
IceJFish is the next drake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq_d8VSM0nw
#35KidInTheHallPosted 3/10/2014 3:58:15 PM
KillerzOverHere posted...
ThePCElitist posted...
KidInTheHall posted...

ThePCElitist, for you crimes against the fellow member of the PC master race, KidInTheHall, I sentence you to 5 years in eternal torment. It makes sense if you don't think about it.

Yeah!

And..and...you should make him perform A2M....on himself!
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#36KillerTrufflePosted 3/10/2014 4:01:53 PM
DaedalusEx posted...
Orestes417 posted...
Clearly haven't actually played the game if you think there's a low skill ceiling. I give it about two days before those who can't effectively move around the maps start getting farmed easier than the bots.

High skill ceilings are bad business. I very much doubt the devs are going to risk the masses getting frustrated from being stomped by good players. Could be wrong I suppose.

You've just pointed out a major problem with the f***'d up way society in general thinks these days. If something is too hard for someone, instead of making them learn or improve, you make it easier for them. Or let them quit. That sort of "no child left behind" bull**** is the reason people are becoming more stupid these days, and our education system sucks.

I know the US education system isn't exactly related, but the attitude you just expressed is a major cause of so many problems. :P

As for Titanfall, I'm not likely to get it, but I'm leaving the possibility open. I didn't get to try the beta - someone here was nice enough to send me a beta key, but the key expired so quickly I didn't even get to run the game. The key worked to download/install the game, but I didn't get to run it. I'm just not particularly interested tho in buying it without trying, regardless of what people say about it. Maybe someday if it's especially cheap tho...
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#37a_Wizards_BakerPosted 3/10/2014 4:03:59 PM
Nope. Doesn't look the least bit interesting.
#38DV8ingSourcesPosted 3/10/2014 4:08:25 PM
Titanfall went from a pass to a preorder as soon as I played the beta. Its just fun and even if you're losing you never feel like you failed. Casual mentality but fun regardless. I never once felt cheated out of a kill or feel like my death was unwarranted in the beta. Its a solid COD pace with elevation and the best realization of mobility in a shooter in a LONG time. Hell even Quake, while amazing with perfect jumping, didn't make it so easy to do what you want. I never got stuck on geometry, I was able to parkour where I wanted when I wanted and the overall speed of the matches made most engagements fast and frenetic.

Looking forward to playing it in 4 or so hours. Was tempted to use a VPN and the .exe but I can wait.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#39Orestes417Posted 3/10/2014 4:13:17 PM(edited)
KillerTruffle posted...
DaedalusEx posted...
Orestes417 posted...
Clearly haven't actually played the game if you think there's a low skill ceiling. I give it about two days before those who can't effectively move around the maps start getting farmed easier than the bots.

High skill ceilings are bad business. I very much doubt the devs are going to risk the masses getting frustrated from being stomped by good players. Could be wrong I suppose.

You've just pointed out a major problem with the f***'d up way society in general thinks these days. If something is too hard for someone, instead of making them learn or improve, you make it easier for them. Or let them quit. That sort of "no child left behind" bull**** is the reason people are becoming more stupid these days, and our education system sucks.

I know the US education system isn't exactly related, but the attitude you just expressed is a major cause of so many problems. :P

As for Titanfall, I'm not likely to get it, but I'm leaving the possibility open. I didn't get to try the beta - someone here was nice enough to send me a beta key, but the key expired so quickly I didn't even get to run the game. The key worked to download/install the game, but I didn't get to run it. I'm just not particularly interested tho in buying it without trying, regardless of what people say about it. Maybe someday if it's especially cheap tho...

I'd say the people more worried about impressing people with their skillz and insisting others get on their level instead of having fun are as much a problem as the ones who expect to be rewarded for sucking. It's a game, designed properly it'll be approachable and enjoyable by everyone while still leaving room for nuance and technique.

As for the problem with society in general, people have become too damn PC to call others on their bull****. Getting to the point you can't criticize anyone without being accused of a hate crime.

---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#40Fr0sTiePosted 3/10/2014 4:14:07 PM(edited)
KillerTruffle posted...

I blame emoticons.

I am grabbing it for the one.