This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

are you getting Titanfall?

#61KidInTheHallPosted 3/10/2014 10:02:56 PM
Whoo that was fun! Got a little bit of playtime with bro-hoes DV8 and Cody!
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#62cody4783Posted 3/10/2014 10:10:21 PM
KidInTheHall posted...
Whoo that was fun! Got a little bit of playtime with bro-hoes DV8 and Cody!

Hell yeah man. Kicked ass and took some names.

For once, it's a multiplayer FPS game that is fun to just PLAY. You don't have to win, don't have to top the score boards, but just PLAYING it is fun. Moving around and getting lost between killing grunts and people is just a blast.
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
#63DV8ingSourcesPosted 3/10/2014 10:16:15 PM
DaedalusEx posted...
DV8ingSources posted...
You don't seem to appreciate the skill needed to play something a little more chaotic.

I do, though. I loved Quake and UT back in the day. The thing about those games, which also took a "meat grinder" approach, is that the outcome of a skirmish wasn't decided by who shot first. The player had time to adapt and respond when a fight didn't start under favorable conditions, rather than just dying.

The only way the <1 second kill times can work is if players have the means to manage positioning, otherwise you're removing a large chunk of skill and replacing it with chaos. CS knew this. CoD knew this, too, but intentionally went the chaotic route so that less skilled players could pick up some kills and not feel useless.

And fundamentally that's what it comes down to: accessibility vs. high skill ceiling. As far as I've observed, the two are mutually exclusive.

Except even in COD or TF, you can use positioning. Sure the initial spawn is a hit but you can quickly get into a position of power. Can a CS player go into COD and wreck face at first? Probably not. Same goes the other way. I'm not sure why people tend to think that one takes much more skill when in reality all it takes is dedication to a game to become better. Obviously there are physical limitations to a persons skill but map knowledge and getting used to the mechanics can go a LONG way to making someone great at a game. I do get what you are saying and I somewhat agree but I also don't think its so black and white. Knowing how to survive in a quick kill arena takes skill, just as being able to twitch shoot a target on the screen does. I don't think you can objectively quantify which takes more other than to have people play against each other in the same game.

CS and Quake players no doubt have better aim than a casual COD player but there are insane COD players as well.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#64Kokuei05Posted 3/10/2014 10:20:40 PM
No. The game's multiplayer is not my taste. I can see myself playing it; but not for very long.
---
Xeon x3220 @ 3.3Ghz [367*9] | Hyper 212 EVO | GA-EP45-UD3L | Mushkin 4GB DDR2-800 | EA-430W | 1GB 560 AC Twin Turbo II | WD 500 GB | AL1916W | G400s | HTF600-S
#65DaedalusExPosted 3/10/2014 10:53:36 PM
DV8ingSources posted...
I'm not sure why people tend to think that one takes much more skill when in reality all it takes is dedication to a game to become better.

Because one takes much more skill. That's not an opinion, either. What you're saying here is the equivalent of saying checkers takes as much skill to master as chess. It simply isn't true. If you can't agree with that, I don't really know what to say.
#66DV8ingSourcesPosted 3/10/2014 11:07:05 PM(edited)
DaedalusEx posted...
DV8ingSources posted...
I'm not sure why people tend to think that one takes much more skill when in reality all it takes is dedication to a game to become better.

Because one takes much more skill. That's not an opinion, either. What you're saying here is the equivalent of saying checkers takes as much skill to master as chess. It simply isn't true. If you can't agree with that, I don't really know what to say.

Not at all. The main component to all the games mentioned so far is shooting accurately while protecting yourself. If you can't see that, you're just as delusional as you are implying I am. What specific mechanic puts CS in such a higher tier? Recoil? You play with a gun enough and you can get used to it. Its not a random effect. I think too many mistake familiarization for skill. Yes there are a lot more scrubs in a popular game but that doesn't mean the best of the best aren't comparable to any other game you feel like comparing to.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
#67DaedalusExPosted 3/10/2014 11:26:32 PM
DV8ingSources posted...
What specific mechanic puts CS in such a higher tier? Recoil?

Recoil. Spray patterns. No ADS. Headshot damage multiplier is much, much higher. Bullets aren't "fat." And that's just the shooting.
#68ClouddxPosted 3/10/2014 11:34:16 PM(edited)
DaedalusEx posted...
DV8ingSources posted...

Recoil. Spray patterns. No ADS. Headshot damage multiplier is much, much higher. Bullets aren't "fat." And that's just the shooting.

Also, no matter how much you use a gun to try and perfect it, spraying and praying doesn't work. After 5 or so shots you're going to be missing especially if you're farther away. Shooting people while moving is also extremely hard, which means you need to stop then shoot making yourself the perfect target.

Every gun in CS is also a 1hko as long as it's a headshot and the player doesn't have head armor, and if the player does it usually 2 shots to kill unless you're using the USPS.

Anyways not going to get Titanfall as it's a $60 multiplayer only game with DLC already announced, unlike other competitive shooters for PC that offer free map updates and no DLC at all.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#69DV8ingSourcesPosted 3/10/2014 11:38:43 PM
DaedalusEx posted...
DV8ingSources posted...

Sure. The speed, verticality, respawns, much more open maps, larger weapon pool, timing, mode selection of a titan, fodder routes and ability usage in titanfall more than makes up for the recoil. Headshots also do more damage in COD games, the recoil exists although definitely more muted. Your arguments are pretty weak sir. Also ADS? Really? It takes more skill to NOT have to aim with different function?
---
#70ClouddxPosted 3/10/2014 11:41:00 PM
DV8ingSources posted...
DaedalusEx posted...
DV8ingSources posted...

Sure. The speed, verticality, respawns, much more open maps, larger weapon pool, timing, mode selection of a titan, fodder routes and ability usage in titanfall more than makes up for the recoil. Headshots also do more damage in COD games, the recoil exists although definitely more muted. Your arguments are pretty weak sir. Also ADS? Really? It takes more skill to NOT have to aim with different function?

Titanfall certainly doesn't have a larger weapon pool than CS.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S