This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will Titanfall sustain popularity on the PC platform?

#41NitharadPosted 3/11/2014 8:09:59 AM
Hm...

- Uses Origin
- Published by EA
- Origin
- Extreme price-tag
- As I hear server problems
- It's on Origin
- According to Total Biscuit as the game works now new players could soon have a difficult time doing campagne-missions and unlocking new mechs
- I hear people talk about technical problems
- It uses Origin

So there're many reason as to why I would see it fail. Though I appreciate they did release it on pc at all and the idea is nice. Though I still dream of that combined arms game with naval, ground, air, infantry and mechs in it.
#42r0ge00Posted 3/11/2014 8:33:48 AM
Probably until EA prematurely kills the servers and forces you to buy the sequel.
#43WolfandsteinPosted 3/11/2014 8:51:43 AM
No. It's popularity will drop down as there will be no support for it after the launch just like other shooters. Soon they will release DLC in the form of sequel.
#44Worknofun370Posted 3/11/2014 8:53:35 AM
Clouddx posted...
cynicwithin2000 posted...
Don't know, don't care. It's fun to play. When it is no longer fun to play, I won't play it again. Who cares if it is some super-leet competitive fps. Look at CS. That is pretty much considered the epitome of competitive fps on pc right now and it's one of the more boring games I've ever played. I find it hilarious that people still care about competitive fps games anymore. I guess that they just like hiding in corners for entire games trying to get a couple kills. Personally, I'll take fun over that crap any day of the week. But, then again, I don't define myself by my kdr in video games like most teens and twenty-somethings these days.

How do you camp in competitive CS and win? Me thinks you've never actually played a comp game of CS in your life.

I can see how a non-player could watch CS and think that people were "camping"

They weren't... but I can see someone thinking they were if they didn't have a clue.
#45cynicwithin2000Posted 3/11/2014 8:58:18 AM
Worknofun370 posted...
Clouddx posted...
Don't know, don't care. It's fun to play. When it is no longer fun to play, I won't play it again. Who cares if it is some super-leet competitive fps. Look at CS. That is pretty much considered the epitome of competitive fps on pc right now and it's one of the more boring games I've ever played. I find it hilarious that people still care about competitive fps games anymore. I guess that they just like hiding in corners for entire games trying to get a couple kills. Personally, I'll take fun over that crap any day of the week. But, then again, I don't define myself by my kdr in video games like most teens and twenty-somethings these days.

How do you camp in competitive CS and win? Me thinks you've never actually played a comp game of CS in your life.

I can see how a non-player could watch CS and think that people were "camping"

They weren't... but I can see someone thinking they were if they didn't have a clue.

Sitting in a corner waiting for someone to come is the definition of camping. You can put whatever excuse you want behind it, but it's still camping. But I can see why people would justify their play style by saying that it is "strategic." I'm not saying that's not the best way to play the game, it's just incredibly boring to watch or play with those people.
---
i7-4770k @4.4Ghz | AsRock z87 OC Formula | Corsair 16GB@1600 | H100i | AX1200i | 500GB 840evo ssd | 5TB 7200rpm | EVGA GTX 780 Classified SLI | ASUS 2560x1440 |
#46Worknofun370Posted 3/11/2014 9:14:24 AM(edited)

Sitting in a corner waiting for someone to come is the definition of camping. You can put whatever excuse you want behind it, but it's still camping. But I can see why people would justify their play style by saying that it is "strategic." I'm not saying that's not the best way to play the game, it's just incredibly boring to watch or play with those people.

As I said, I can easily see someone watching a CS match, having never played competitively, and say "They're camping!" as it looks pretty similar to some dude just sitting there waiting for someone to walk by.

However, that's not what they're doing.

I frequently see people holding choke points (The only thing similar to camping, and is what I can easily see someone watching a CS match point to and say "This is boring, they're just camping.") which is the strategic thing to do if you're a defender on a map. Pro CS players will not just sit there and camp though, they will constantly peak and probe trying to see what the other team is doing so their team can properly react, and immediately rotate to a different location if a player dies or a push is happening.

I haven't watched a CS match in awhile where someone just goes and sits in a corner waiting for someone to come over and over. I really haven't... and I watch a lot of CS.

Is it boring to some people? Yeah, I don't really doubt that it may be. It's not to me at all, but I can at least step back and see how one would view it as being boring.
#47triple sPosted 3/11/2014 9:16:03 AM
Nitharad posted...
Hm...

- Uses Origin
- Published by EA
- Origin
- Extreme price-tag
- It's on Origin
- According to Total Biscuit as the game works now new players could soon have a difficult time doing campagne-missions and unlocking new mechs
- It uses Origin

So there're many reason as to why I would see it fail. Though I appreciate they did release it on pc at all and the idea is nice. Though I still dream of that combined arms game with naval, ground, air, infantry and mechs in it.

I counter all of that with the game being fun as ****. I absolutely suck at the game and I'm having an absolute blast. The controls are spot on, it runs great maxed for me and looks good enough.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#48Worknofun370Posted 3/11/2014 9:23:22 AM
triple s posted...
Nitharad posted...
Hm...

- Uses Origin
- Published by EA
- Origin
- Extreme price-tag
- It's on Origin
- It uses Origin

I counter all of that with the game being fun as ****. I absolutely suck at the game and I'm having an absolute blast. The controls are spot on, it runs great maxed for me and looks good enough.

Hell you could also counter it with "sooo... the game just has two issues that could be fixed with patches than."
#49cynicwithin2000Posted 3/11/2014 9:46:18 AM
Worknofun370 posted...

As I said, I can easily see someone watching a CS match, having never played competitively, and say "They're camping!" as it looks pretty similar to some dude just sitting there waiting for someone to walk by.

However, that's not what they're doing.

I frequently see people holding choke points (The only thing similar to camping, and is what I can easily see someone watching a CS match point to and say "This is boring, they're just camping.") which is the strategic thing to do if you're a defender on a map. Pro CS players will not just sit there and camp though, they will constantly peak and probe trying to see what the other team is doing so their team can properly react, and immediately rotate to a different location if a player dies or a push is happening.

I haven't watched a CS match in awhile where someone just goes and sits in a corner waiting for someone to come over and over. I really haven't... and I watch a lot of CS.

Is it boring to some people? Yeah, I don't really doubt that it may be. It's not to me at all, but I can at least step back and see how one would view it as being boring.

It's exactly what they are doing. I'm not saying that it isn't necessary, or that it isn't the way to play the game competitively, but it's still camping regardless. To some people it's not boring, to some people it is. It's why I stopped playing the game a long time ago. I couldn't care less how "good" I get at a video game, because it completely pointless. It's just for fun, and people sitting there (tactically or not) it just boring to me. Maybe not to other people, but to me it is.
---
i7-4770k @4.4Ghz | AsRock z87 OC Formula | Corsair 16GB@1600 | H100i | AX1200i | 500GB 840evo ssd | 5TB 7200rpm | EVGA GTX 780 Classified SLI | ASUS 2560x1440 |
#50Worknofun370Posted 3/11/2014 10:24:32 AM

It's exactly what they are doing. I'm not saying that it isn't necessary, or that it isn't the way to play the game competitively, but it's still camping regardless. To some people it's not boring, to some people it is. It's why I stopped playing the game a long time ago. I couldn't care less how "good" I get at a video game, because it completely pointless. It's just for fun, and people sitting there (tactically or not) it just boring to me. Maybe not to other people, but to me it is.

Listen, I've laid out how what they're doing is not camping, and your rebuttals so far have been, more or less, "No, they're camping."

Please explain how what they're doing is camping, rather than just saying "it's camping."