This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your Unpopular Game Opinions thread!

#1150inchDLPPosted 3/10/2014 12:19:48 PM
I buy every COD on release.
I can not play FPS with K/B and mouse. it just destroys all immersion when i can unrealistically turn so fast like im the Flash or something. gamepad keeps movement speed realistic.
I hate Uncharted and pretty much every Sony Exclusive including Last of Us. They are either more movie than game or feel cheap to me. exept Gran Turismo
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thereal50inchDLP -contains my Dreamcast project of putting HD vids of each US game up.http://bf4stats.com/xone/LouErina
#12SinisterSlayPosted 3/10/2014 12:21:22 PM
50inchDLP posted...
I can not play FPS with K/B and mouse. it just destroys all immersion when i can unrealistically turn so fast like im the Flash or something. gamepad keeps movement speed realistic.
I hate Uncharted and pretty much every Sony Exclusive including Last of Us. They are either more movie than game or feel cheap to me. exept Gran Turismo

Never held a gun in your life have you?
You can turn much faster IRL than you can with a gamepad.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#13MaxCHEATER64Posted 3/10/2014 12:22:44 PM
SinisterSlay posted...
50inchDLP posted...

Maybe he lives real life like that, too.

also apparently he forget that he can turn sensitivity down

---
i5-3570K @ 4.6 GHz | HD IceQ X 7850 | Z77-D3H | 700W | Intel 550 180GB | Seagate Barracuda 1T | Seagate XTD 2T + 16GB SSHD | 2x8 GB RAM
#1450inchDLPPosted 3/10/2014 12:22:59 PM
SinisterSlay posted...
50inchDLP posted...

Nah. I turn the sensitivity up to atleast high. Mouse makes me able to spin 360 degree in .001 seconds. thats not realistic.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thereal50inchDLP -contains my Dreamcast project of putting HD vids of each US game up.http://bf4stats.com/xone/LouErina
#15MaxCHEATER64Posted 3/10/2014 12:24:52 PM
50inchDLP posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
50inchDLP posted...

Nah. I turn the sensitivity up to atleast high. Mouse makes me able to spin 360 degree in .001 seconds. thats not realistic.

I can turn my head 180 degrees much faster than I can turn 180 degrees witht he mouse. Also, in real life I don't have to stop turning for a bit to put my mouse back to the center of the pad.
---
i5-3570K @ 4.6 GHz | HD IceQ X 7850 | Z77-D3H | 700W | Intel 550 180GB | Seagate Barracuda 1T | Seagate XTD 2T + 16GB SSHD | 2x8 GB RAM
#16xanthan1Posted 3/10/2014 12:28:04 PM
50inchDLP posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
50inchDLP posted...

So you complain it's unrealistic, but you also purposefully put the settings to where it would be unrealistic......

Anyone wanna field everything wrong with this guy or should I?
#17WyzeGyePosted 3/10/2014 12:28:10 PM
most indie games are garbage

Crysis MP is fun.

COD MP is fun

GTA IV is nothing compared to GTA III
---
http://i.imgur.com/e4IiIHn.png
#18GynthaeresPosted 3/10/2014 12:28:50 PM
Dragon Age Origins is a pretty poor game overall. There's a ton of stuff wrong with it, and Dragon Age 2 actually fixed a lot of its issues (though it brought a ton of its own issues to the table). Bioware in general isn't anything special, they've been hit-and-miss their entire existence.

Dark Souls isn't really that hard, just quite tedious, because every death means you need to replay the section you were just at. Likewise, most bosses aren't hard, they just take a while because of the above. You can't consistently practice most of them without suffering through lots of trash.

Dark Souls also isn't that good. It had amazing art direction, level design, sound design, atmosphere, but the actual gameplay was... kinda meh. And the controls weren't very good at all.

Last of Us wasn't anything special. It had a pretty good story, but the gameplay was utterly lackluster. In fact, the gameplay was so poor it detracted from the story, because while the game tried to take itself seriously, you had too many "game-isms" to work around. Like Joel's ability to take on an entire camp of bandits single-handedly.
Bioshock Infinite was in a similar situation. Good story, but lots of stupid stuff because "lol videogames".

Starcraft 2 is incredibly boring to play, 1v1. And it was a huge disappointment, because it wasn't an advancement of the genre. It was actually a regression of the genre, something Blizzard has never really done before. It was basically just Starcraft 1 remade, with tweaked mechanics and new units. As opposed to a huge jump like WC1 -> WC2 -> SC -> WC3 all were from each other.
Which is a sign that Blizzard isn't really a special company anymore.

Pokemon is boring as sin, and the games are all pretty much rubbish these days. Each one is just a glorified expansion to the previous, going all the way back to the originals.

Diablo games are boring. The thrill of finding new loot doesn't counteract how boring and repetitive combat gets, and that's all these two games have.

Paradox Interactive is probably the best PC-focused developer that exists right now.

Mass Effect 3's ending is still atrocious; the Extended Cut DLC was nothing more than a glorified bandaid over a gaping wound. (Maybe not unpopular. I hope it's not anyway.)

Duke Nukem Forever wasn't an amazing game, but nor was it a particularly bad game (at least when patched so you could use four weapons). It was incredibly patchwork, especially in how the levels were linked together, but it still had a lot of fun moments.

I loved Final Fantasy XIII, one of the few jRPGs I liked. It boiled the genre down to what I think a jRPG should be: Combat, and lots of story. Exploration? Most jRPGs (that I've played anyway) are relatively linear anyway, the hallway may just be really wide. Minigames? Mostly boring filler that gets in the way of the story.

And I also really liked Lightning's character. I think most people hate her not because she's a bad character, because her personality is something society would see as more masculine: take-charge, doing-things-my-way, and above all, controlled and stoic. As opposed to the typical jRPG females, who are hyper emotional, and are either passive, soft-spoken, and dependent on others, or are brash and spunky (See: Bravely Default for perfect examples of both of these archetypes).

Mouse & Keyboard is pretty much the best control scheme for everything, other than sports, racing games, and maybe fighting games (though I've heard people say fighters actually work very well with a keyboard).

I think those are all of my major unpopular gaming opinions, aside from easy ones like "<genre> is boring". Though I did kind of do that with Diablo, I guess, since I'd say that applies to most of those hack-and-slash dungeon crawlers.
---
The sole purpose of this space is to make my post look longer.
#19DetectivPenguinPosted 3/10/2014 12:32:06 PM(edited)
d209999 posted...
Video games are not art. Never have been. Never will be.

lulz, people said the same thing about photography and movies when they first were being invented and innovated.
---
What is today but yesterday's tomorrow?
#20AsucaHayashiPosted 3/10/2014 12:36:52 PM
people who think that controller > m/kb in the absolute majority of 3rd person games(whether it's a shooter or action game) are deluding themselves and i'm doubting they even know how to use m/kb to play something like fps with.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/E5CYOem.png