This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your Unpopular Game Opinions thread!

#131YOeastonYOPosted 3/11/2014 2:19:03 AM
Final fantasy has been and always will be trash. It's boring, repetitive, and the settings in the are certainly interesting at first but fail to wow you.
#132Mattrules64Posted 3/11/2014 2:55:45 AM(edited)
I think Final Fantasy XIII trilogy, a large amount of the "bad" Sonic games (except for '06 and Black Knight), Super Street Fighter IV, Marvel Vs Capcom 3, New Super Mario Bros 2 and Zelda: Skyward Sword are underrated and Tales of Phantasia SNES is overrated
#133MisterLloydPosted 3/11/2014 2:43:18 AM
slayer_titan88 posted...
Skyrim sucks donkey #*$% and the only reason people like it is because it's so huge. (I liken it to an ugly chick with a great body)

Surely that would be like a fat chick with a pretty face? Skyrim should have been so much better, though. Clunky controls and too many high level enemies early on put me right off.

Link's Awakening is the best Zelda game.

Fighting games have sucked since Tekken Tag.

I'd rather play solo than with most of the absolute whoppers that play online.

First CoD I played was MW2, quite liked it so I got Black Ops. I never need to play another CoD game.

FIFA fanboys get on my wick, apart from 2008, PES has always been miles better. 'But FIFA has teh proper kitz ftw!' Get an option file, takes half an hour, tops.

iPad games have their place. And that place is playing them with my three year old daughter.
#134SliceSabrePosted 3/11/2014 3:14:57 AM
Consoles are a better social experience than PC is.

Console, PC and handhelds(3DS and Vita) all offer their positives and negative and I don't view any as better than another overall.

I loved CoD series up to BlackOps2. Now I think I'm done with it.

I don't have a problem with DLC.

I vastly prefer JRPGs over their Western counterparts.

I don't have a problem with EA's games or the company.

People who want Nintendo to make more 'mature and realistic' games have no idea what the hell they are talking about and don't understand how Nintendo operates. The same could be said about people who think Nintendo should stop making Zelda and Mario games.

Gamers who overly focus on frame rates and resolutions are part of the reason we get so many games that are the same.

I tune out gamers who complain about a game not running at a certain resolution or frame rate. I understand complaining about frame-rate drops but not one who complain about a game not running at 90 fps.
---
"I simply do what is necessary to win."
Gamertag: SliceSabre
#135ClouddxPosted 3/11/2014 3:20:25 AM
SliceSabre posted...
Gamers who overly focus on frame rates and resolutions are part of the reason we get so many games that are the same.

I tune out gamers who complain about a game not running at a certain resolution or frame rate. I understand complaining about frame-rate drops but not one who complain about a game not running at 90 fps.

This makes no sense, as Frame Rate and Resolution have nothing to do with games being similar. Also some games like competitive FPS games need to be able to run at extremely high framerates to minimize input lag and other negative factors.

Also, most PC games support every resolution.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#136ReylynPosted 3/11/2014 3:20:27 AM
I despise Starcraft and the Warcraft RTS games.

Vagrant Story is one of the greatest games of all time.

Final Fantasy 7 isn't even close to the best Final Fantasy, let alone best game all-time. It just had pretty, magical rocks that people loved. Oh, and a swearing black guy. Lovely.

The biggest one would have to be "graphics are unimportant." In this day and age, I still play Castle of the Winds. It looks like s*** and is awesome.
#137EpicLatiosPosted 3/11/2014 4:52:34 AM
I believe The Last of Us is the greatest game ever made
Ocarina of Time is the most overrated game ever made ( It's good and all it's just only held up due to the massive amount of nostalgia people attach to it )
---
Endure and Survive
#138Magatsu-IzanagiPosted 3/11/2014 6:21:35 AM
5th gen is the best Pokemon game.
X&Y are bad games.
Only Pokemon spin-offs i like are PBR and Colosseum.
Colosseum and Fr and the reason i like 3rd gen.
P3P is the best Persona game.
The gameplay in P3P is better than P4G aside from fusion.
The Answer was great.
The characters and story in P3 are better than 4.
Mario Galaxy games are overated.
Vita and Wii U have lot of great games.
I dont care for the Xbone or the Ps4
Realistic graphics suck.
The 3ds isn't as great as people say.
The Ps2 is my favorite console ever.
Mario and Pokemon should stop making Games for a while.
---
I like Persona 4 and speak about it a lot.
#139Magatsu-IzanagiPosted 3/11/2014 6:22:41 AM
5th gen is the best Pokemon game.
X&Y are bad games.
Only Pokemon spin-offs i like are PBR and Colosseum.
Colosseum and Fr and the reason i like 3rd gen.
P3P is the best Persona game.
The gameplay in P3P is better than P4G aside from fusion.
The Answer was great.
The characters and story in P3 are better than 4.
Mario Galaxy games are overated.
Vita and Wii U have lot of great games.
I dont care for the Xbone or the Ps4
Realistic graphics suck.
The 3ds isn't as great as people say.
The Ps2 is my favorite console ever.
Mario and Pokemon should stop making Games for a while.
---
I like Persona 4 and speak about it a lot.
#140dormcastePosted 3/11/2014 10:52:01 AM(edited)
EpicLatios posted...
I believe The Last of Us is the greatest game ever made
Ocarina of Time is the most overrated game ever made ( It's good and all it's just only held up due to the massive amount of nostalgia people attach to it )

You can't be serious... what else have you played?

Draven12391 posted...

Digital Games should cost $40 tops. $60 for physical is fine, you pay for the box and disk.

That makes absolutely no sense. A box and a CD don't cost $20 extra.