This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your Unpopular Game Opinions thread!

#141LoneCourier2281Posted 3/11/2014 3:20:37 PM
Catherine should either be re-released on the Wii U (think it would be a great fit)

Or should just get a sequel.
---
Who wants to play... Video games??
#142slayer_titan88Posted 3/11/2014 4:41:32 PM
MisterLloyd posted...
slayer_titan88 posted...
Skyrim sucks donkey #*$% and the only reason people like it is because it's so huge. (I liken it to an ugly chick with a great body)

Surely that would be like a fat chick with a pretty face?.

yeah you're right
---
Proud PSWII60 owner and I love all 3....having said that I do love fanning fanboy flames and occasionally throwing gasoline onto said flames....just sayin
#143cyberwarrior94Posted 3/11/2014 6:10:16 PM
-Persona 4 IMO is the best Persona game Atlus made, and I want it on the Wii U.

-People who criticism Nintendo or other's about remakes need a reality check, as SONY, and MS also do remakes. IMO SONY and Nintendo do it better than MS in terms, as SONY bundles the games if it's part of a series, and Nintendo improve's past issues the game(s) have (Ex. Pokemon Gen 2 remakes, Ocarina of Time 3D, and LoZ Wind Waker HD). If people don't remake game's that were accused of something wrong, would it be fine for some, if not most devs to remake that game in another generation and fix the faults for new comers to understand it?
#144Ivany2008Posted 3/11/2014 6:49:08 PM
Digital games should cost 5 dollars less, up to 10 dollars less, and have no taxes IMO

I would much rather see an old style final fantasy game with 9 style graphics, than them continuously attempt to push the boundaries of realism

I like call of duty more than battlefield

There needs to be a return of games like reading rabbit and the incredible machine so I have something to raise my someday kids with.

The following companies need to go bankrupt, and then away

Bioware, square Enix, capcom, Bethesda, naughty dog and telltale.

There needs to be another video game crash, so companies can't start from scratch once again

Microsoft, And Nintendo need to listen to their fans, and get rid of all these gimmicks holding back their systems
#145CircleOfManiasPosted 3/11/2014 7:24:33 PM(edited)
AlleRacing posted...

Rock/paper/scissors mechanics need to die in a fire, especially in RTS.

What would you replace it with? The purpose of it is to make a diverse unit composition stronger than just spamming one unit. Getting rid of a balance triangle makes it so you either have straight up vertical progression or your unit composition is irrelevant. You could make a more complex system, but it will always either involve some form of RPS triangle or a single dominant unit.

Or do you mean on a macro scale, with the economic>defensive>rush>economic triangle? This is inherent to basic logic, and is completely impossible to subvert.

Also, everyone using words like "despise" and "loathe" are hilarious. You realize you're talking about video games here, right? Do you really need to be so dramatic?
---
Sick liaisons raise this monumental mark
The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
#146SinfullyvannilaPosted 3/11/2014 7:24:41 PM
Link's Awakening is the best Zelda game.

I thought I was the only one :)
---
Friend Code 3050-7626-8586 Abra/Sigilyph/Gothorita FS, PM me for FS trades.
#147SinfullyvannilaPosted 3/11/2014 7:25:37 PM
CircleOfManias posted...
AlleRacing posted...

Rock/paper/scissors mechanics need to die in a fire, especially in RTS.

What would you replace it with? The purpose of it is to make a diverse unit composition stronger than just spamming one unit. Getting rid of a balance triangle makes it so you either have straight up vertical progression or your unit composition is irrelevant. You could make a more complex system, but it will always either involve some form of RPS triangle or a single dominant unit.

Or do you mean on a macro scale, with the economic>defensive>rush>economic triangle? This is inherent to basic logic, and is completely impossible to subvert.

Also, everyone using words like "despise" and "loathe" are hilarious. You realize you're talking about video games here, right? Do you really need to be so dramatic?

These kinds of threads are judgement-free zones.
---
Friend Code 3050-7626-8586 Abra/Sigilyph/Gothorita FS, PM me for FS trades.
#148-5xad0w-Posted 3/11/2014 7:39:14 PM
Orcs are the reason there is so much crime in RPG games today.
---
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven
#149rwfan2c(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2014 7:44:00 PM
A little shocked this topic is still going... lol May be my most successful thread in recent memory. *grabs a soda and starts to read through it.*
---
Currently Playing: HearthStone, FFXIV, Banished, Borderlands 2, XCOM: EW, South Park: the Stick of Truth
"Demon's Run, When a Good Man Goes to War."
#150petran78Posted 3/12/2014 12:12:17 AM
-Sale numbers, both software and hardware, are inflated for advertisement reasons.
-after the demise of arcades, video games changed to the worse
-Linux is the future of PC gaming. Microsoft helped PC gaming with MS-DOS/Windows but destroyed it even more with the Xbox.
-without Sega, consoles are not the same anymore
-without many classic computer companies (Lucasarts, Sierra etc), computer games are not the same
-Steam helped PC gaming regarding quantity, but not quality.
-Sports simulation games like FIFA, NBA, Pro Soccer turned sports video gaming into a chore
-if you're a teen and want to enjoy video games, your only resort is piracy....
-with the advent of MMORPGs, video game hours are wasted

dormcaste posted...

That makes absolutely no sense. A box and a CD don't cost $20 extra.

server maintenance cost infinitely less than hiring trucks and planes to transport your ware, plus there are no mediators involved.
also no need to manufacture cases, CD discs (mastering fees included) and manuals, another huge cost

but they invented their own fairy tale already.....
---
Q.You want so see some other stuff? What Console? A.Console? Q.What platform? A.Uh, Moral Turpitude?
Q.PC it is, then.