This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your Unpopular Game Opinions thread!

#151jfloydLunarPosted 3/12/2014 1:19:23 AM
petran78 posted...
-Sale numbers, both software and hardware, are inflated for advertisement reasons.
-after the demise of arcades, video games changed to the worse
-Linux is the future of PC gaming. Microsoft helped PC gaming with MS-DOS/Windows but destroyed it even more with the Xbox.
-without Sega, consoles are not the same anymore
-without many classic computer companies (Lucasarts, Sierra etc), computer games are not the same
-Steam helped PC gaming regarding quantity, but not quality.
-Sports simulation games like FIFA, NBA, Pro Soccer turned sports video gaming into a chore
-if you're a teen and want to enjoy video games, your only resort is piracy....
-with the advent of MMORPGs, video game hours are wasted

dormcaste posted...

That makes absolutely no sense. A box and a CD don't cost $20 extra.

server maintenance cost infinitely less than hiring trucks and planes to transport your ware, plus there are no mediators involved.
also no need to manufacture cases, CD discs (mastering fees included) and manuals, another huge cost

but they invented their own fairy tale already.....

That thing about teens and piracy, LOL.

I guess I was never a teen then, as I could afford to buy games because of a thing called a job.
---
Who wants to play... Video games??
#152SeegteasePosted 3/12/2014 1:51:04 AM
Sinfullyvannila posted...
CircleOfManias posted...
AlleRacing posted...

Rock/paper/scissors mechanics need to die in a fire, especially in RTS.

What would you replace it with? The purpose of it is to make a diverse unit composition stronger than just spamming one unit. Getting rid of a balance triangle makes it so you either have straight up vertical progression or your unit composition is irrelevant. You could make a more complex system, but it will always either involve some form of RPS triangle or a single dominant unit.

Or do you mean on a macro scale, with the economic>defensive>rush>economic triangle? This is inherent to basic logic, and is completely impossible to subvert.

Also, everyone using words like "despise" and "loathe" are hilarious. You realize you're talking about video games here, right? Do you really need to be so dramatic?

These kinds of threads are judgement-free zones.

It's not a judgment issue, it's a logic issue. Someone saying they hate the rock/paper/scissors system in an RTS is essentially saying they hate the core of what an RTS is. It's cool to not like RTS, but if you want to abolish a major part of the model, you should at least say why and offer a better idea.

It's like...

"I hate platformers." - Valid opinion.
"Platformers shouldn't have jumping." - Stupid, unreasonable statement.
#153Nex-Gen63759Posted 3/12/2014 2:03:27 AM
I hate FPS
#154paramite12Posted 3/12/2014 6:54:11 AM
I thought the bioshock series was good but not amazing.
I only really liked halo 1 and Reach.
I liked dragon age 2 way better than origins.
I think crysis 2 is by far the best in the series.
I have played every single CoD campaign and will continue to do so. I though CoD3's campaign was really fun. I don't play CoD multiplayer.
I thought New Vegas was way better than fallout 3.
I think free to play is the future of multiplayer IF done correctly. It allows the developers to continue to support the game long after launch without a subscription.
I really like to play games on my iPad.
The ps vita is my favorite gaming device after my PC.
I hate 99% of JRPGs
The never found the story lines in the metal gear solid series to be confusing.
I really enjoy 3d stuff when it's done right.
I don't really like dark souls. I think it's just hard for the sake of being hard, very tedious.
I thought portal was good but overrated.
I prefer the look of team fortress classic to the cartoony look of TF2.
I played Pokemon as a kid but I'm so tired of it now.
I think the legend of Zelda oot is overrated.
Super Mario world is the better than super Mario bros 3.
I don't really get MOBAs, they just don't look interesting.
---
trolls, trolls everywhere
#155spanishbobPosted 3/12/2014 7:47:12 AM
- I have hated every Sonic game bar Sonic Adventure. Mario has stepped in cooler things down the park and wiped it off on Luigi's moustache (or Peach's touchetache - we don't know how hairy she is).
- The Dreamcast was one of the best consoles ever.
- The original Xbox was as reliable as a dodgy stomach. You never knew when it was going to crap out. Same with the PS2 thinking about it.
- I hate CS (although this probably stems from the fact that I started playing it way back when hacks were rampant).
- I hate ES games. I love ES games. I feel indifferent about ES games.
- I preferred Fallout 3 to NV, FO1 and FO2.
- I hate the whole Halo series.
- I hate BL2.
- I hate Minecraft.
- I hate Uncharted.
- TR didn't need a reboot. I loved Underworld.
- I loved Zelda 2.
- I hated OoT.
- I never liked the Deus Ex games.
- Sega has some good IPs they could revisit and bring out sequels to: Shenmue, PS (SP only) and SF. But no. Keep releasing more 'cool' and 'zaney' Sonic games and publishing toilet destroying turds like A:CM. We don't want your good games series, Sega (/sarcasm). Your customers are like the cast of Oliver, except instead of being given a bowl of edible food, you poop in the bowl, then smear it onto our faces and attempt to steal our cash. Then you have the audacity to tell us we like the poop, we want more of the poop and that the next batch of poop will contain roids.
- Pokemon sucks. I started with Red and hated it. Perhaps it was the colour that did it? :RAGE:
- I hated Lego games before I tried them. Then I loved them. Then I realised they are all the same and hated them again.
- Super Mario Sunshine sucked ass. Galaxy sucked less ass. Galaxy 2 was great... YAY!

... SM3DW sucked ass.
- I loved what us Europeans called Super Mario Bros 2. I wasn't so keen on The Lost Levels as it felt like an expansion of SMB1 (although I know that was what the Japanese knew as the true SMB2). I loved SMB1 though weirdly enough.
- I enjoyed Rad Gravity.
- I liked DNF.
- I enjoyed Alone In The Dark on the 360 until the game made me a gardener.
- I hate RE4, RE5 and RE6.
- I love the WiiU.
- I prefer my Vita over my 3DSXL.
- I don't trust MS with my monies anymore so the Xbone can go rot in a backed up colon somewhere.
- I trust Sony wholeheartedly and will throw money at them.
- I HATE the fact that Arena shooters are all but gone. I also hate Epic for virtually abandoning UT games and concentrating on consoles. I understand that's where the money is but come on, money doesn't keep them warm at night or put food on the table. Intimidation and threats of physical harm do that.
#156petran78Posted 3/13/2014 10:26:32 AM
jfloydLunar posted...

I guess I was never a teen then, as I could afford to buy games because of a thing called a job.

welcome to the 1 %
---
Q.You want so see some other stuff? What Console? A.Console? Q.What platform? A.Uh, Moral Turpitude?
Q.PC it is, then.
#157jfloydLunarPosted 3/13/2014 3:29:28 PM
petran78 posted...
jfloydLunar posted...

welcome to the 1 %

I'm pretty sure that there are more than 1% of people who have jobs.
---
#158petran78Posted 3/16/2014 12:07:35 AM
jfloydLunar posted...
petran78 posted...
jfloydLunar posted...

welcome to the 1 %

we're talking about teens who have jobs, with a sufficient wage to buy 500 $ consoles and 60 $ games per month. maybe as pocket money. in the USA maybe, but not in other countries

hence why piracy is the best option to them.
---
Q.You want so see some other stuff? What Console? A.Console? Q.What platform? A.Uh, Moral Turpitude?
Q.PC it is, then.
#159jfloydLunarPosted 3/16/2014 12:34:58 AM
petran78 posted...
jfloydLunar posted...
petran78 posted...
jfloydLunar posted...

welcome to the 1 %

we're talking about teens who have jobs, with a sufficient wage to buy 500 $ consoles and 60 $ games per month. maybe as pocket money. in the USA maybe, but not in other countries

hence why piracy is the best option to them.

Well since Steam has sales often and other services like GOG, that is no longer true.
Sure not many people can afford a $500 console, that's why you don't buy an Xbox One or buy games when they first come out. You wait for their prices to go down.

There are other ways besides piracy.

Anyways, sorry about the arguing but I don't like that excuse.
---
#160NeninaPosted 3/16/2014 4:49:22 AM
Fez is pretentious, college dropout, arts and crafts class garbage that thinks that the world will enter an age of harmony if the entire population smokes weed at the same time. Ooh you just blew my mind, phil fish. Peace love unity whatever.