This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your Unpopular Game Opinions thread!

#21MaxCHEATER64Posted 3/10/2014 11:38:19 AM
DetectivPenguin posted...
d209999 posted...
Video games are not art. Never have been. Never will be.

lulz, people said the same thing about photography and movies when they first were being invented and innovated.

I'm sure we have records of debates about photography back in the 1850s.
---
i5-3570K @ 4.6 GHz | HD IceQ X 7850 | Z77-D3H | 700W | Intel 550 180GB | Seagate Barracuda 1T | Seagate XTD 2T + 16GB SSHD | 2x8 GB RAM
#22DisastersaurusPosted 3/10/2014 11:40:57 AM
I think Dragon Age II is better in every way than Dragon Age: Origins.

I think Elder Scrolls Online is a better TES game than Skyrim was.

I think RPGs should abandon this pretense of having their own combat systems unless it's tactics/turn-based, and just develop an action-based combat system. I'd be happier if games like Dragon Age had Devil May Cry's combat.

I thought Mass Effect 3's ending was good.
---
hella butts
#23DetectivPenguinPosted 3/10/2014 11:53:35 AM
MaxCHEATER64 posted...
DetectivPenguin posted...
d209999 posted...
Video games are not art. Never have been. Never will be.

lulz, people said the same thing about photography and movies when they first were being invented and innovated.

I'm sure we have records of debates about photography back in the 1850s.

Art history class ftw. People thought since it would only captured what was really literally there it would be used strictly for official and historical purposes. They didn't think you would be able to express something because the image was being captured too perfectly too literally. Obviously a very shortsighted approach.
---
What is today but yesterday's tomorrow?
#24TowerBooks3192Posted 3/10/2014 11:59:27 AM
- I hate dark souls ( Not because it is hard but I just hate it and I prefer something grindy like Monster Hunter)

- AI War is cool but scary for me to play because the AI is really good and you are basically an ant among gods (AI). It is the only RTS that I know of that doesn't give you an even ground against the AI

- I think most FPS are a waste of money and not worth playing (Borderlands 2 is my only exception)

- I have mixed feelings with Civ V. I reckon it is the best so far and yet it feels like a lot is lacking.

- Torchlight 2 is my favourite ARPG ( Only reason it is not D2 is because the game looks blurry for me on modern PCs especially on Act 3).

- I prefer JRPGs over CRPGs like BG/Planescape Torment/etc. because I grew up with JRPGs and could not afford to get in to PC gaming back then.

- I actually had fun with Din's Curse and Drox Operative.
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#25ArayzielPosted 3/10/2014 12:09:04 PM
Strategy games don't interest me

RPGs bore me with some exceptions, mainly ones that focus on good combat and customization.

Don't care for most adventure games

Dark Souls isn't bad but isn't that hard, and the game felt like one step forward and three steps back from DeS.

I think most video games have terrible stories, and I'm not interested in the work of some art student reject.
#26Xantose161Posted 3/10/2014 12:12:44 PM
-I don't like the bioshock series. I kind of wish it was a movie instead of a game. The story and atmosphere is awesome, but I feel everything else I feel is bad
-I don't like the witcher games. The combat is what kills it for me. They feel like they have so much potential and I want to enjoy the rest of the game, but I can't get past 10 hours without dreading having to fight again. Even the combat mod for witcher 2 didn't make it feel much better, but did make the game a lot easier. If they can get the combat down in witcher 3 I think it could easily be one of the best games of the year.
-I liked diablo 3. Even with its flaws I still think it was a decent game. I actually enjoyed it more than titan's quest, which everyone thinks is an awesome game, but I just couldn't get into it.
-I don't like GTA games or Saints Row games except for the most recent Saints Row 4. I just never cared for the "gangster" concept, but I really enjoyed Saints Row 4, because it was more of a fun and crazy super hero sandbox which I loved.
-I don't like Just Cause 2. I bought it for like $3 on a steam sale, because everyone was saying how fun it was, but I couldn't get into it.
-I last system that I feel that had any good mario or zelda games was the n64. All of the mario and zelda games after that I just don't care for.
-I think Thief was actually a decent game for all of the out cry. It wasn't perfect, but I'd still give it a solid 7.5-8/10.
-I can't get into the final fantasy games.The only 2 that I enjoyed were 7 and I think it was 3 (but I think that number is different between the Japanese and American version or something). The rest of the games I just don't like.
-I don't like minecraft although I love terraria
-The controls on The Last of Us completely ruined the game for me. I don't know what it was but they just didn't feel responsive.
-I don't really care for Faster Than Light. I can see how some people like it, but its not for me.
-Like TC I didn't really mind Mass Effect 3's ending.

Those are the ones that come to mind. I know there are other games that I liked and other didn't and vice versa, but these are the ones I could think of atm.
---
I7 2600K 3.4GHz | GTX 470 1280MB SC | Asus Sabertooth P67 | DDR3 1600 2x4 GB | 120GB Intel 5140 SSD | CM Silent Pro 850W | 120MM Liquid Cooler | CM HAF 922
#27dennis941012Posted 3/10/2014 12:16:35 PM
Bossdog421 posted...
I like always on line requirements

I don't Hate EA

Blizzard has always been my favorite Dev, I even like D3 and WoW

I hated every version of the souls games I've played so far.

I didn't like any Bioshock games and i really hated the newest one.

I enjoy FTP games even though i do not spend any money on them

I like my WiiU

I mostly game on my laptop even though I have a more powerful desktop

The strategy genre is still my favorite

I like MMORPGs

I think people who try to correct games listed by genre by listing out sub-genres are stupid

I should shoot you for EA but you like wii u... WHAT DO I DO!?!?!?!?
---
#28AlleRacingPosted 3/10/2014 12:18:31 PM
I think these opinions may have become slightly more popular lately, but I'll post them anyway.

BioWare's quality has always been in a constant decline. Each game is worse than the last. Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 3, and The Old Republic are far from their only f*** ups, and it kind of disappoints me that it took until those for many others to realize the same.

Call of Duty gets a lot of hate for being iterative monotony and spawning copycats and otherwise dumbing down the genre. However, it seems Call of Duty at least attempts to add new features to spice up the gameplay, while all those trying to emulate it usually strip away features, which I find both amusing and sad.

Rock/paper/scissors mechanics need to die in a fire, especially in RTS.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#29foodeater4Posted 3/10/2014 12:25:28 PM(edited)
I did not mind ME3's ending either. And the real reason those guys who founded Bioware quit is cause there sick of dealing with all these humanoid gamers trashing them and there game.

Final Fantasy has been trash for years. Last good one was FF6 on SNES.

I also don't mind COD, but I tend to skip every other year and the game still feels fresh to me that way.

Nintendo should stop relying on Mario and Zelda. Lets get some new franchises please, and maybeto mix it up why not some that present more realistic graphics and art style.

Metal Gear Solid series and every Metal Gear besides the NES versions is crap.

Assassins Creed series is awful.

Gamers should play more and spend less time complaining and knit picking details of unreleased games/betas on the internets.

I like EA
#30Bazooka_PenguinPosted 3/10/2014 12:25:33 PM
I think Valve games are vastly overrated and mostly mediocre. The only real value I see in them is community made content.
---
Deth Pen
http://i.imgur.com/eMXgU.gif