This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your Unpopular Game Opinions thread!

#51ScarlettailPosted 3/10/2014 2:34:21 PM
I tried getting into Final Fantasy by trying FFIV and FFVI, considered the best generally, recently, but I simply could not come to love them. On the other hand, I did love Chrono Trigger, despite not being that different.

Mario Kart 64 is the best Mario kart still!

I play Brawl over Melee.

Having not played New Leaf yet, the GC Animal Crossing is better than the two subsequent ones.

I miss older games that had messed up mechanics and glitches or just loose physics; I still have fun just messing around in games like Mario 64 and exploiting glitches.

Kirby Air Ride is so awesome.

I thought the Twilight Princess was great and fulfilling.

Super Mario World > Super Mario Bros. 3.

I know Pokemon is the same thing over and over, but I still am endlessly hooked to it. Gen 2 was my favorite.
---
3DS FC: 1805-2178-2522 Safari: Delibird, Sneasel, Dewgong
#52weemanv1Posted 3/10/2014 2:36:55 PM
Open world games with mass freedom bore the heck out of me. I'm talking like GTA, TES, just about every other game Rockstar has ever made that isn't LA Noire, etc. I hate that I'm supposed to have all of this freedom but it all feels so empty. Arkham City is the only game that has ever gotten that right for me while I like LA Noire because it has a lot of direction to it.

Dark Souls isn't hard and everyone who claims it's a throwback to games of old is INSULTING Dark Souls. Older games weren't hard because they were actually hard, they were hard because of hardware limitations, poor design choices, and developers not knowing what they were doing at the time.

The only bad Sonic game in the main series was Sonic 2006. The rest of the main games were flawed in sometimes many aspects, but not right out bad. In fact, most games that people say are bad aren't really bad at all. They're not great, but they certainly aren't awful like most people would have you believe.

The only Zelda game that interests me at all is A Link to the Past. The rest just look so boring.

Most 3D games from the late 90s and early 2000s have aged terribly. Mainly platformers, shooters, and fighters are good examples.

90% of these PC indie games suck.

3D models > Hand-drawn sprites >>>>>>>> pixelated garbage sprites. This kinda ties into my point above.

I don't get the appeal of most of these new walking simulators. I played the Stanley Parable and while I enjoyed the humour and narration, the game itself is really boring.

DBZ Budokai series > DBZ Raging Blast series > DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi series. Just because a game has tons and tons of characters doesn't make it better...

I don't understand this whole backlog thing. Seriously, I only buy games I intend to play. The only games I own that I haven't touched were parts of Humble Bundles that I have no interest in.

Gen 2 is my favorite Pokemon generation. I don't hate the others (except 4...) but I just prefer Gen 2 the most.

WWE Smackdown! Here Comes the Pain is a great game...but WWE Smackdown! vs. Raw is better in almost every way.

I wish Rock Band and other similar games would make a comeback.

Fire Emblem Awakening is great until you compare it to other Fire Emblems in which case it really is pretty bad.

I'm scared that games with purposely poor controls are going to become a big thing with the likes of Surgeon Simulator and Octodad, Those games may be fun, but it could very well promote indie developers to become even lazier if that was even possible.

NO MORE ZOMBIES >:(

I think werewolves would be a cool new monster genre to rise up. You know, until the preteens get ahold of it that is.

CTR is better than every other cart racer out there and still hasn't been topped to this day.

Gameplay matters a lot, but story and graphics among other things can have some bearing on how good a game is.

And now for the biggest unpopular opinion of all time. Some people...believe it or not...have different tastes from you.
#53cyberwarrior94Posted 3/10/2014 2:50:05 PM
I like SONY, Nintendo. But I do believe PC Gaming is great, and thoroughly enjoy it along side them now.

I was not the biggest fan of Xbox. I had the original which was a gift from my cousins, and only had 1 game that was Gotham Racing (which I thought was related to Batman) and they played it mostly.

I enjoy a good game with a good plot, game play, and controls. Graphics to me are personally just for cosmetic purposes, and online can be an add on to most unless it's the entire focus of the game.

My favorite RPG is Pokemon and will most likely still be the case for the next of ever.

I have bought many games only to let them sit around in the box for a few weeks cause of time issues.

I never played a Dark Souls game, but intend to.

I personally stopped playing CoD after Modern Warfare 2, and plan not to go back anytime soon.

I personally hate Madden NFL games, never liked it, and found it boring as compared to playing foot ball outside.

I can't stop playing some games till I 100% it.

And I personally wish other Halo titles come to PC.

*Note: Sorry if I offended anyone. Cheers!
#54SeegteasePosted 3/10/2014 2:52:10 PM
Minecraft looks horrible and I haven't played it because it burns my eyes. (I do play other games with rustic graphics, though, just not that one)

I don't think 3ds is that great.

Zelda 2 is a pretty sweet game.

I thought Thief 3 was better than 1 and 2.
#5556kinternetPosted 3/10/2014 2:58:40 PM
Amnesia the dark descent isn't scary at all.
FFX being linear is a plus.
Pokemon Spin-off games are actually good.
#56ssringoPosted 3/10/2014 3:33:08 PM
I find Pokemon games incredibly boring
I haven't liked Legend of Zelda games since Ocarina of Time
I haven't liked Mario games since Super Mario World
I don't like Team Fortress 2 or the obsession with getting hats from pre-ordering games on Steam

I enjoyed Metroid: Other M (it's not as good as other Metroid games though)
I like Diablo 3
I enjoy playing my Vita more than my 3DS
I have no problem with Origin/Uplay
#57great_usernamePosted 3/10/2014 3:41:35 PM
my favorite final fantasy is 12 and my favourite legend of zelda is wind waker.

skyrim is currently my favorite rpg (although mostly because of mods).

metal gear solid 3 is still my favorite stealth-action game, and the most enjoyable of the series.

i think the original super smash bros for the nintendo64 is a lot more fun to play than brawl and melee.

i miss the times of ps2 and the original xbox.

i think indie gaming rocks: amnesia the dark descent, the binding of isaac, outlast, fez and braid are some of my favorite games, which is why i'm sticking with PC for this generation.

my favorite game of all time is grim fandango.
#58BogePosted 3/10/2014 3:46:31 PM
Halo, Half-Life, and Final Fantasy are the most overrated game series of all time. They're mediocre at best.

PvP sucks.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#59LMTTNPosted 3/10/2014 3:47:09 PM
Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are terrible games with fanbases so delusional that their only argument against criticism toward their precious games is "lol ur just bad"
---
Steam: Macintosh Plus | PSN: letmetrythisname
Now Playing: Random PS2 Games.
#60Fou LuPosted 3/10/2014 3:56:12 PM
Mass Effect 3's ending was just fine, before the extended ending was added.

Mass Effect was a horrible game and EA got BioWare to improve it.

Dragon Age: Origins is a terrible game.
---
I smolder with generic rage.