This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your Unpopular Game Opinions thread!

#91TourtusPosted 3/10/2014 6:46:18 PM
Time Splitters is the best FPS ever.

Wii U can handle anything Xbox One and PS4 can.

I hate the Final Fantasy series.

4th Gen Pokémon designs are not bad.

Majora's Mask was better then Ocarina of Time.

Sonic the Hedgehog is a Mario wannabe.
---
Nightmares are just Dreams we don't like.
#92Motobug321Posted 3/10/2014 6:48:01 PM
I think Other M is a really good game despite its flaws, and is a worthy sequel to Super Metroid.
#93Nineteen99Posted 3/10/2014 6:52:30 PM
I have tried to start the original Deus Ex three times, and I can't get to the end of the first level because I don't like the game.

I don't like The Witcher.

Bioware is a great developer, even after 2007.

EA doesn't make me throw up in my mouth.
---
"There must be some kind of way out of here, said the joker to the thief. There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief."
#94IHeartJessAlbaPosted 3/10/2014 6:55:43 PM
I think all GTA games after GTA III are horrible games, should never have been made, and I do not understand the hype. I don't mind the shock value of the sex and violence, that's not what I mean by horrible. But I feel that the games themselves are all garbage and offer little entertainment value outside of random killing sprees and fast cars. I have no idea why they are held in such high esteem.

I believe mouse and keyboard is a far inferior way to play almost all video games.

I despise online multiplayer, and multiplayer only games like MMOs and FPS like Counter Strike do literally nothing for me. I don't even like playing 2P games with my friends.

I like Angry Birds. But I do dislike 95% of all mobile games.

Final Fantasy VIII is light years better than VII, which I felt was one of the worst games in the entire franchise.

I think the idea of "open world" or "sandbox" games is one of the worst design choices in gaming. It does work for some games, but for the most part it just becomes a giant mess with no goals, narrative, or substance. TES is a big offender when it comes to this, and has really soured me on the whole idea of "open world" games.
---
psn - wokeupinapanic
#95chandl34Posted 3/10/2014 6:58:18 PM
Freespace 2 is boring. I had more fun with Starfleet Academy on the SNES.
---
... even on Earth Mode.
#96dormcastePosted 3/10/2014 7:07:47 PM(edited)
-Uncharted sucks
-The Last of Us is average
-Bioshock is slow and boring
-Indie games shouldn't be lauded so easily
-Games like Flower and Journey are a joke
-Metal Gear Solid 4 is the best game of last gen and it's not close
-GTA5 was the best one since Vice City
-Modern reboots are bad and shouldn't be supported
-Modern gaming in general sucks
-Games have been dumbed down too much to the point where anyone can play them instead of just people who started out with the hobby when they were kids
-The Legend of Zelda has been garbage after Majora's Mask, which by the way was the best one
-Ocarina of Time is overrated as hell. Decent game at best
-Metroid is Nintendo's best franchise and it isn't close
-Resident Evil 4, while a fun game, was the beginning of the end for the series, and thus I have very bitter feelings towards it for what it did to one of my favorite series
-Bioware is a mediocre developer. Dragon Age Origins and Mass Effect were interesting, but ultimately most of their games lack substance
#97ZeppelinFan777Posted 3/10/2014 7:04:46 PM
Final Fantasy sucks.
---
http://i.imgur.com/NT7FiqI.gif?1 | http://i.imgur.com/o32jepb.gif
http://i.imgur.com/cJJfEGw.gif | http://i.imgur.com/LcqYqIY.png?1
#98triple sPosted 3/10/2014 7:13:03 PM
I loved Grand Theft Auto 4(on 360 even)

I loved Final Fantasy 13

Mass Effect 3 was amazing and I feel people whine to damn much about the ending and forget about how great of a game it was to the end.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#99SinfullyvannilaPosted 3/10/2014 7:14:17 PM
Diablo 3 is WAAAAAYY more fun than D2.

Bioware's best story was Jade Empire.

FF9 is on the lower end of the FF spectrum's quality.

That's all I can think of.
---
Friend Code 3050-7626-8586 Abra/Sigilyph/Gothorita FS, PM me for FS trades.
#100dormcastePosted 3/10/2014 7:22:31 PM
a_Wizards_Baker posted...
Couple come to mind, just off the top of my head:

-Never understood the love for Minecraft, Terraria, Starbound, ect. If you have 'to make your own fun' then the game has ultimately failed in its objective.

-This has been listed quite a bit, but Dark Souls / Demon Souls aren't hard. The game design is brilliant though; reminds me of the NES Metroid, Castlevania, and Zelda (no direction, progression is based purely on exploration, ect).

-Ocarina of Time is vastly overrated. It felt like just a play by play rehash of A Link to the Past, which was the vastly superior game.

-I don't understand the 'Early Access' model; why would i want to pay to be a beta tester?

My man.