This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark Souls 2 Minimum Requirements - WTF??

#11LoshadtPosted 3/10/2014 4:21:23 PM
MELENTIA posted...
The PC version has enhanced textures, by quite a bit. There are screenshots, and you will be pleasantly surprised by how good it looks on PC, trust me. Also since when were graphics that big of a deal anyway? More people play Minecraft then most big games and those graphics are awful...yet that doesn't hinder the experience. So why do people expect the PS3's graphics to compete with PC? WTF is going on? Who imagined this game would be a 10/10 form a graphics stand point anyway?

Yeah, I really don't think we'll have to worry about this one at all. From all the screenshots I see on the Steam page it looks pretty good.
---
Remember to hug you're waifu.
#12Hi CPosted 3/10/2014 4:53:29 PM
Buburibon posted...
Speaking of Dark Souls 2... Well, I am bracing myself for some serious disappointment in the graphics department with this one. Word on the street is that the PC version will suffer the same fate as the consoles' with the massive graphics downgrade just prior to release.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=781625

"Word on the street" is a lot of people in that thread are going to be pissed after they get the ban stick next month.
---
You'll be my John G.
#13TimePharaohPosted 3/10/2014 6:06:25 PM
MELENTIA posted...
Buburibon posted...
Speaking of Dark Souls 2... Well, I am bracing myself for some serious disappointment in the graphics department with this one. Word on the street is that the PC version will suffer the same fate as the consoles' with the massive graphics downgrade just prior to release.

The PC version has enhanced textures, by quite a bit. There are screenshots, and you will be pleasantly surprised by how good it looks on PC, trust me. Also since when were graphics that big of a deal anyway? More people play Minecraft then most big games and those graphics are awful...yet that doesn't hinder the experience. So why do people expect the PS3's graphics to compete with PC? WTF is going on? Who imagined this game would be a 10/10 form a graphics stand point anyway?

Do you work for AMD? It's 2014, not everyone is satisfied with settling "cause why not".
#14cancerstormPosted 3/10/2014 6:08:57 PM
it means that the game is playable on low settings at 800x600
---
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2996/cancerstorm.jpg
#15JonWood007Posted 3/10/2014 6:53:45 PM
Theyre sloppy with requirements...whats funny is the 6870 for recommended is weaker than the 5870.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768
#16JKatarnPosted 3/10/2014 7:07:05 PM
MELENTIA posted...
Buburibon posted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SqocFElidKI#t=11

Some things never change...
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#17EGMRULZPosted 3/10/2014 7:07:24 PM
I can bet you my six year old Radeon HD 4670 will run the game albeit with low fps & low settings. Minimum requirements are just a sales pitch to get you to buy newer hardware.
---
PC & Consoles > Everything
#18keybladeXIIIPosted 3/10/2014 7:24:02 PM
That Neogaf topic is hilariously stupid.

Full of a bunch of people using screenshots from crappy quality streams (recorded from capture cards too), and then complaining about it without playing and seeing it for themselves.
#19LoshadtPosted 3/10/2014 7:29:16 PM
keybladeXIII posted...
That Neogaf topic is hilariously stupid.

Full of a bunch of people using screenshots from crappy quality streams (recorded from capture cards too), and then complaining about it without playing and seeing it for themselves.

It's not hard to spot differences in lighting, even in a crap quality stream.
---
Remember to hug you're waifu.
#20SnadadosPosted 3/10/2014 7:48:51 PM
JonWood007 posted...
Theyre sloppy with requirements...whats funny is the 6870 for recommended is weaker than the 5870.

That part made me laugh.
I really am not normally the person to say "(person or group) has no idea what they are doing" but this set off some red flags for me.
I suppose you could argue that is was a typo and the two were supposed to be switched but even still the difference in power between the 5870 and 6870 is not that much and I'd expect a larger power gap between min spec and recommended.
---
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?