This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can I play these on my PC?

#1cyberwarrior94Posted 3/10/2014 3:34:10 PM
Ok so I've been eyeing a good amount of PC titles for my up-coming PC rig, but I came up on a few things.
1. On Amazon, I was surfing to find some good PC titles, and some said Windoes XP/Vista. Does that mean that it won't work with Windows 7, cause that will be my primary OS.
*Note: I plan to get most of my PC games as physical titles as I like to own games with the box art and all if possible. Also the games in question were Spider-man Web of Shadows, Spider-man Friend or Foe, The Witcher 1, and Just Cause 2.
2. When I get the game disc for my PC, will the game fully install on my PC (similar to how the PS4 fully installs the games to it's HDD despite having the disc).

Just these questions as I'm a bit...confused atm. Sorry if I have bothered or offended anyone. Cheers!
#2doomviPosted 3/10/2014 4:01:31 PM
The answer to your biggest questions depends on what your PC is capable of, and without the specs for that, it is hard to say what your computer will play or not.

But to answer your other questions.

1. Not necessarily, most XP/Vista games do fine on Win 7, but again it could have a lot to do with your computer and the numbers of cores it employs,

2. Yes it fully installs on your PC, so you also need to make sure you have enough space for the games, the size of your Hard Drive is a big help.

Also, box art is simply going to be a thing of the past soon. You will find that most games will be much easier to enjoy when you don't have to physically go out and get them, merely download them in the comfort of your own home.
---
i5-3570k, 128 GB OCZ SSD, 1 TB Seagate HDD & 750 WD Black HDD, EVGA GTX 670, 27" HP2710m @ 1920 x 1080.
#3doomviPosted 3/10/2014 4:02:10 PM(edited)
oops double post
---
i5-3570k, 128 GB OCZ SSD, 1 TB Seagate HDD & 750 WD Black HDD, EVGA GTX 670, 27" HP2710m @ 1920 x 1080.
#4SonyHoundDawgPosted 3/10/2014 5:00:29 PM
TC, don't bother buying many physical games for your PC unless money does not matter. A few reasons.

1. Digital game sales: Why buy a boxed copy for a game for $20-$60 dollars. For example, I bought the Witcher 1 and 2, on a steam sale about 3 weeks ago and I think my cost for both games combined was $3.74

2. You can view the box art on steam, you can even set it to display all you games at the cover of the box so you still kinda can see the art if you want. Not quite the same, but unless you don't care abuot $$$, you can buy most games digitally for huge savings.

www.cheapshark.com Bookmark this site and keep an eye on it, enjoy buying every game except new releases for like $2-$10. But you can even get new releases for %20-30% off a lot of times.
#5cyberwarrior94(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2014 5:48:09 PM
Hmm I'll keep that in mind.
#6AsellusPosted 3/10/2014 5:55:39 PM
1. On Amazon, I was surfing to find some good PC titles, and some said Windoes XP/Vista. Does that mean that it won't work with Windows 7, cause that will be my primary OS.
*Note: I plan to get most of my PC games as physical titles as I like to own games with the box art and all if possible. Also the games in question were Spider-man Web of Shadows, Spider-man Friend or Foe, The Witcher 1, and Just Cause 2.

95% of the time games made for 95 > XP will Just Work on 7, for another 4% of the time getting them to work is as simple as hitting up Google with your problem.

2. When I get the game disc for my PC, will the game fully install on my PC (similar to how the PS4 fully installs the games to it's HDD despite having the disc).

Virtually all pc games do this. If the disc is required at all post-install it's as copy-protection.
#7cyberwarrior94(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2014 6:10:33 PM
Also I might get a few game's physically only because idk if I'll play them for a long time, Ex. Titnafall.