This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

how's Planetside 2?

#1BeerOnTapPosted 3/10/2014 4:19:13 PM
It's free. Is it good?
#2jake-sfPosted 3/10/2014 4:21:38 PM
Its the worst FPS of the century, nothing else.
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#3BeerOnTap(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2014 4:22:08 PM
jake-sf posted...
Its the worst FPS of the century, nothing else.

How do ya figure, sports fan?
#4Orestes417Posted 3/10/2014 4:23:01 PM
Depends on what you want. If a neverending match of BF Conquest mode with three sides and an unpredictable number of players and a whole lot of vehicles on each side sounds good to you then it's great. If you prefer more structured play or prefer to play solo then it's probably not your thing.
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#5Jprime666Posted 3/10/2014 4:29:03 PM
Orestes417 posted...
Depends on what you want. If a neverending match of BF Conquest mode with three sides and an unpredictable number of players and a whole lot of vehicles on each side sounds good to you then it's great. If you prefer more structured play or prefer to play solo then it's probably not your thing.

This. It's also worth nothing that given the F2P nature of the game, progression and unlocks happen very slowly.

Of course being free, you might as well check it out if it looks interesting to you, but you'd be better off sticking to a Battlefield title.
---
Zvarri!
#6jake-sfPosted 3/10/2014 4:29:43 PM
Look, I'll be fair, the game has only one potential redeeming factor, and its if you like to "hang out" with random internet people, form a clan and go do big stuff together. Totally not my thing, but I can see why people like that.

Thats the only potential appeal, even compared to other modern FPS, everything else about it is terrible. But I hate the "modern" FPS games in the first place, so I can't be gentler here. Just name something about the game and I'll tell you its terrible. Also was always horribly turned off by the grind and the sad pacing of the game. Had to have the worst of F2P and MMO in it, with the worst of FPS made worst. You get the idea.

Make your own judgment.
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#7Orestes417Posted 3/10/2014 4:31:42 PM
Last I played the progression speed wasn't really an issue as most of the gear is sidegrades anyway. The big issue is the boredom that comes from not being able to reliably pick your battles.
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#8MadoifPosted 3/10/2014 4:51:51 PM
Decent game. Combat is satisfying when you work with people and the special effects are very nice (especially with PhysX), immersion is present when participating in big battles. The class upgrades are impactful and the sidegrade weapons are meh.

For a free to play game I would say it's a good one to pick up.
---
Monster Hunter Usernames:
Fidelis HR20-PS2 data;Madoif HR9-PS3 data
#9ShadowThaReaperPosted 3/10/2014 5:00:55 PM
It's pretty good. People praise Battlefield 4, and Planetside 2 is like that but way bigger. But it's popular to praise Battlefield 4, and overlook its flaws. Same can't be said for Planetside 2.
#10Jprime666Posted 3/10/2014 5:05:25 PM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
It's pretty good. People praise Battlefield 4, and Planetside 2 is like that but way bigger. But it's popular to praise Battlefield 4, and overlook its flaws. Same can't be said for Planetside 2.

BF4 is a complete mess and has been since it launched.
---
Zvarri!