This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's so great about Mount and Blade Warband? Need opinions

#21ThePredominatePosted 3/11/2014 1:50:23 AM
I actually didn't find it so fantastic. The combat really is fun, and gathering an army was addictive - but I didn't give a crap about the world I'd been placed in. The writing seemed weak and even copied/pasted in some areas (just inexcusable tbh). Anyway its not so bad but it definitely isn't all that great.
#22TowerBooks3192Posted 3/11/2014 2:44:33 AM
I am lucky to take a shot at the game when I found it years back and it was selling for $4.99 on Gamersgate. Game is just great. It is something that feels so good and one way to describe it is "we started from the bottom, now we're here." You start of as a nobody with only your mount and blade and you could either help everyone around like kill bandits, hunt deserters and sell them to slavers or create your own mercenary corps and support a kingdom or pretender, be a trader and set up businesses in the cities, be a bandit yourself and kill farmers, or be a king.

Then you throw in mods like prophesy of pendor with features such as knighthood orders and getting on the good graces of elven people (Noldors) and try to unite pendor. That is not even the tip of the tip of the tip of the iceberg. Game is worth the full price, Key works with non-steam installer and I even managed to get the steam version with the key (if I recall correctly). I don't really care how many times console gamers brag about what their console can do because no game as far as I know could do what MnB Warband do or do it better. The only ones that could beat warband are its mods (Prophesy of Pendor puts vanilla game to shame IMHO) or IF it gets a sequel.

Just go and get the game as in now now!
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#23RPGMattPosted 3/11/2014 2:52:50 AM
It really is a great game. If you get sick of one-player, try online battle/siege. The combat never gets old.
---
http://www.facebook.com/chaosframe
#24BigB0ss13(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2014 3:26:12 AM
Can we sell stuff like meat, fur, etc. Or do we need it for something?
#25CatToyPosted 3/11/2014 3:30:49 AM
If it's in your inventory, you can sell it. You do need food to feed your army, and a variety of foods will improve morale. Furs aren't consumable and exist entirely as a trade good, to sell for the best price you can find.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#26BigB0ss13(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2014 3:31:35 AM
How do I know where's the best place to sell certain stuff?
#27CatToyPosted 3/11/2014 3:37:29 AM(edited)
Check different markets in different towns. There's also an option but I forget where that will give you information on regional prices based on one of your skills.

Also, keep an eye out for hero characters, you'll typically find them in taverns. They'll have a unique name, and you can convince them to come along with you. They act similar to you in that they level up, you can place their skill and stat points, and you can equip them personally. They also have a story attached to them.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#28BigB0ss13(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2014 3:35:50 AM
Does my soldiers automatically eat the meat? If not how we feed em
#29CatToyPosted 3/11/2014 3:38:43 AM
Food is subtracted automatically as you play based on your army size. Some foods can also spoil, damaging their morale bonus.
---
#30ThatOneGuysHairPosted 3/11/2014 3:40:15 AM
pro-tip: swadian knights

all day every day.