This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's so great about Mount and Blade Warband? Need opinions

#31DerPancakePosted 3/11/2014 2:46:58 AM
I dislike vanilla, the napoleon expansion is where its at.
---
http://i.imgur.com/mng6Lqf.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/mxvh3ut - Taylor Swift: Queen of Pop.
#32BigB0ss13(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2014 2:50:09 AM
So one person represents the entire group? Like in the party screen there is tribesman, skirmisher, etc. And can we equip them with armor, weapons, etc.?
#33CatToyPosted 3/11/2014 2:53:26 AM
General infantry can't be equipped, only hero characters can. Infantry have whatever their class has equipped.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#34BigB0ss13(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2014 3:20:58 AM
One more question for now, is there a story and or can the game be beat or does it last forever?
#35SinisterSlayPosted 3/11/2014 5:59:14 AM
BigB0ss13 posted...
One more question for now, is there a story and or can the game be beat or does it last forever?

There isn't a story to beat, but the game ends when one faction controls all of Caldria and there is no other factions left.

Come to think of it, I've never been on the losing side of a war, I wonder what happens if your not part of the kingdom that wins and takes over everything?
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#36TowerBooks3192Posted 3/11/2014 6:55:53 AM
Hey TC. I just have a single tip for you. Before you attempt downloading any mods, please squeeze out whatever you can from vanilla before downloading any mods for some of them might make you hate vanilla and you would not play vanilla anymore.
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#37maybecallsPosted 3/11/2014 7:03:15 AM
I've racked up 889 hours over two years on Warband and Napoleonic Wars so far, plus another 36 hours on With Fire and Sword. I play Warband online (mostly in Siege mode), in it's offlne 'campaign', and also like messing about with offline custom battles. I've hardly bothered with any freebie mods. yet. Plenty of time ahead for that, though, and then there's M & B 2 Bannerlord to look forward to.

I just find it very addictive, and the combat never gets old. The riding is really well implemented, too. It also has no cutscenes or other (to me) unnecessary time wasting clutter.
#38chandl34Posted 3/11/2014 7:31:53 AM(edited)
Check out the companion chart to see how they relate to each other. http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Mount%26Blade/Companions

The largest NPC party you can get without running into issues is:
Alayen
Ymira
Borcha
Artimmener
Nizar
Bunduk
Rolf
Matheld
Katrin
Bahestur

Also, Firentis is the best option for a liege lord. He's the only party member that won't lose loyalty when you give other lords fiefs.

You may want to install one of the ladder mods, since the vanilla game tends to only have one ladder per siege.
---
... even on Earth Mode.
#39BigB0ss13(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2014 7:40:39 AM
God damn this game hella hard. I started 6 new games but everytime I get pwned really badly. Any tips on how to rise up to take over the world?
#40SinisterSlayPosted 3/11/2014 7:43:19 AM
BigB0ss13 posted...
God damn this game hella hard. I started 6 new games but everytime I get pwned really badly. Any tips on how to rise up to take over the world?

Don't try to take over the world first.
First grab some villagers, and go kill some looters.
Then move up to forest bandits, then searaiders.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence