This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's so great about Mount and Blade Warband? Need opinions

#61SinisterSlayPosted 3/12/2014 7:34:39 AM
The cattle run away from you, you have to chase them into the next village.

There are mods (and a neat tool) that lets you change them so they follow you instead.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#62maybecallsPosted 3/12/2014 7:41:53 AM
I don't bother with cattle missions. Just butcher them and sell the meat, or leave it to rot.
#63SinisterSlayPosted 3/12/2014 7:44:06 AM
maybecalls posted...
I don't bother with cattle missions. Just butcher them and sell the meat, or leave it to rot.

That's cruelty to animals!

I never even do the village missions until I am awarded a fief and its a village, then I prop them up so I get lots of recruits.

When I'm starting I usually just go killing bandits.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#64maybecallsPosted 3/12/2014 7:58:32 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#65chandl34Posted 3/12/2014 8:20:24 AM(edited)
Villager training against bandits missions are good. You get to beat the crap out of 10 villagers, then protect them from an invasion. It gives the biggest loyalty boost.

Did you know that by raising villager loyalty, you can recruit advanced units? Also, more units at a time. That's very important when war starts.
---
... even on Earth Mode.
#66SinisterSlayPosted 3/12/2014 8:27:37 AM
chandl34 posted...
Villager training against bandits missions are good. You get to beat the crap out of 10 villagers, then protect them from an invasion. It gives the biggest loyalty boost.

Did you know that by raising villager loyalty, you can recruit advanced units? Also, more units at a time. That's very important when war starts.

A few stats in training and you can usually upgrade low level units pretty quickly.
---
#67chandl34Posted 3/12/2014 8:29:20 AM
Yeah, but you can get stacks of 20+ units from one village with moderate loyalty.
---
... even on Earth Mode.
#68SinisterSlayPosted 3/12/2014 8:30:42 AM
chandl34 posted...
Yeah, but you can get stacks of 20+ units from one village with moderate loyalty.

That's true, that's why I only worry about that once I have a village as a fief. I don't like boosting a village that will belong to another lord.
---
#69chandl34Posted 3/12/2014 8:45:48 AM
With 10 reputation, you can recruit from a faction you're at war with too.

City reputation bonuses don't seem as good. You get a small boost to trade.
---
... even on Earth Mode.
#70SinisterSlayPosted 3/12/2014 8:47:02 AM
chandl34 posted...
With 10 reputation, you can recruit from a faction you're at war with too.

City reputation bonuses don't seem as good. You get a small boost to trade.

But then you've boosted their prosperity and given the enemy an advantage.
You usually have to sack villages to bankrupt a city.
---