This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's so great about Mount and Blade Warband? Need opinions

#71chandl34Posted 3/12/2014 9:03:43 AM(edited)
SinisterSlay posted...
chandl34 posted...
With 10 reputation, you can recruit from a faction you're at war with too.

City reputation bonuses don't seem as good. You get a small boost to trade.

But then you've boosted their prosperity and given the enemy an advantage.
You usually have to sack villages to bankrupt a city.

I usually just leave that to other faction members. Most of my reputation raising is done long before I join a faction or go independent. It's part of the early raising funds and honor, buying businesses, recruiting NPCs, and spreading my claim period of time.
---
... even on Earth Mode.
#72SinisterSlayPosted 3/12/2014 9:12:15 AM
chandl34 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
chandl34 posted...
With 10 reputation, you can recruit from a faction you're at war with too.

City reputation bonuses don't seem as good. You get a small boost to trade.

But then you've boosted their prosperity and given the enemy an advantage.
You usually have to sack villages to bankrupt a city.

I usually just leave that to other faction members. Most of my reputation raising is done long before I join a faction or go independent. It's part of the early raising funds and honor, buying businesses, recruiting NPCs, and spreading my claim period of time.

That's the great thing about warband, you can play as you like.

My early game is kill bandits, get some money, travel to the tournaments, get lots of money and fame. Get great equipment, do more tournaments.

Then decide if I want to join or go it solo.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#73chandl34Posted 3/12/2014 9:18:00 AM
Yes, hopefully M&B2 expands on these options significantly. It seems like it will be the same kind of upgrade that M&B to M&B:Warband was.
---
... even on Earth Mode.
#74Ikari GendoPosted 3/12/2014 3:09:23 PM
TowerBooks3192 posted...
BigB0ss13 posted...
Man the f***ing cattle quests are driving me f***ing crazy! I don't know how the hell to control their ass and lead them to the place I need them to go

Also confused by this cattle quest. I tend to avoid them and just do the usual bandit and hunting quests but not the cattle ones. I think (not sure though) it is fixed in some of the mods but I just avoid them.

Since most MnB guys are checking this thread, I just want to insert this question, in terms of difficulty, which is easier, Pendor or Brytenwalda?

Brytenwalda was easier imo. Pendor was really friggin hard
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wdw64aHYXA
#75TowerBooks3192Posted 3/12/2014 3:58:45 PM
Ikari Gendo posted...
Brytenwalda was easier imo. Pendor was really friggin hard

That feels about right. I feel that I have a fighting chance in Brytenwalda over Pendor. Bandits so far feels like they aren't elite warriors like in Pendor. I think I will be alright as long as I disable some of the realism in Brytenwalda before moving in to pendor.

On topic now. Sorry about that TC. Just curious TC, at what setting are you playing right now in terms of combat damage and speed? I reckon I would have been much better if I played at normal speed when I started. I kind of turned down the speed when I tried to learn the game and I can't seem to play on normal speed now without getting pwned (I really suck at this game).
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower