This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Battle.net

#11ClouddxPosted 3/10/2014 11:56:45 PM
LordOfLegacies posted...
Clouddx posted...
Troll Topic also, PEBKAC. Also, why not post this on the D3 forums? Ahh wait, you're just trolling considering you haven't posted on a single PC forum other than this post.

Now go back to the PS3/PS4 forums kthx.

*whines about trolling
*feeds troll

Genius. Why doesn't everybody do this?1

Because, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAp-T8Gklw0
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#12Mad_Mike86Posted 3/11/2014 12:23:56 AM
Well just black out the important info but leave your name and picture. Thats what I did one time. Besides a lot of your information is on the internet anyways.
---
"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke
GT - Mad Mike86
#13lost_withinPosted 3/11/2014 7:09:03 AM
You do realize that everything on your license is public information? right?

Blizzard/Battle.net can be trusted... they are a legitimate company and they are not going to rob you blind...

Once again... if a hacker intercepts it, it is all publicly available anyways...
---
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity."
Harlan Ellison
#14foodeater4Posted 3/11/2014 7:30:29 AM
FYI, drivers license is a government ID.

Also you really should remember your security questions. Its usually super easy, stuff like your moms maiden name or your highschool. Don't pick and dumb questions you wont know the answer too in a couple years.
#15SpacewhizguyPosted 3/12/2014 5:49:10 AM(edited)
Slayn posted...
Javelin posted...
Clouddx posted...
Troll Topic also, PEBKAC.

You three are part of the problem. You must feel so fulfilled in life bashing people online by derping around and parroting phrases like "PEBKAC" just to seem smart on the Internet

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/11/5498674/battle-net-authentication-server-issues-causing-sign-in-problems
---
What's a sig?
#16Worknofun370Posted 3/12/2014 6:48:45 AM(edited)
Spacewhizguy posted...

You three are part of the problem. You must feel so fulfilled in life bashing people online by derping around and parroting phrases like "PEBKAC" just to seem smart on the Internet

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/11/5498674/battle-net-authentication-server-issues-causing-sign-in-problems

First, the issue in the article is not the issue the TC is stating he's having.

Second, they list that on the login site when they have issues (I know, because I saw it), so if that was the issue, TC should have seen the message.

Third, PEBKAC is accurate for two reasons. The first is he forgot the answer to his security question, and the second is a solution exists, he just didn't want to do it.

But hey, trying to call people out on the internet makes you look so smart .
#17SpacewhizguyPosted 3/12/2014 6:58:51 AM
Worknofun370 posted...
First, the issue in the article is not the issue the TC is stating he's having.

TC got locked out. That happens when you fail at authenticating too many times (or when the authentication system itself is broken). The article talks about the authentication system breaking.

TC forgetting his security question is stupid, yeah, but a ton of people use throwaway questions/answers for those things anyway. You wouldn't have to deal with security questions if everything else was working properly in the first place.

My issue with people spouting things like "PEBKAC" is that it detracts away from when there actually is an issue not caused by the user, like with this case.

Worknofun370 posted...
But hey, trying to call people out on the internet makes you look so smart .

Go ahead and insult me all you want. My Internet feelings will be so hurt.
---
What's a sig?
#18Worknofun370Posted 3/12/2014 7:07:08 AM(edited)
Spacewhizguy posted...
TC got locked out. That happens when you fail at authenticating too many times (or when the authentication system itself is broken). The article talks about the authentication system breaking.

I do not believe you get locked out when the Authentication system is down. Do you have anything that shows users do?

Note: I'm not saying that it doesn't... I simply don't believe it does as their authentication issues have been going on for weeks now and I've yet to hear about someone getting locked out directly from that. There is obviously a huge huge possibility that you can and do get locked out during these situations.

Spacewhizguy posted...
My issue with people spouting things like "PEBKAC" is that it detracts away from when there actually is an issue not caused by the user, like with this case.

That's completely understandable, and I strongly agree even. My issue here is the problem IS with the user. Even if his account was locked out originally because of an issue on Blizzard's side, everything else is still an issue on the users side. Forgetting your security question answer and refusing to go through the process Blizzard setup in case you did forget your question are issues with the user, not with Blizzard.
#19SpacewhizguyPosted 3/12/2014 7:17:04 AM
Worknofun370 posted...
That's completely understandable, and I strongly agree even. My issue here is the problem IS with the user. Even if his account was locked out originally because of an issue on Blizzard's side, everything else is still an issue on the users side. Forgetting your security question answer and refusing to go through the process Blizzard setup in case you did forget your question are issues with the user, not with Blizzard.

That's a fair point. I disagree though. Good design means you make things butt simple for the end user, and the user failing at something is just as much a fault of bad design as it is the user's.
---
What's a sig?
#20Bazooka_PenguinPosted 3/12/2014 7:20:50 AM
You're just making yourself look irresponsible and incompetent.
---
Deth Pen
http://i.imgur.com/eMXgU.gif